Something new in 2014...Scott, want to let the cat out of the bag?

k_estela

Co-Moderator, Wilderness and Survival Skills Forum
I might be premature in posting this but I am pretty excited for something coming to Gossman Knives in March 2014.

Scott, want to let the cat out of the bag? I just heard a 4th is interested last night. Almost a 3rd full for now.

Are you curious yet?

Kev

I'm excited to annonce that there will be a survival course being run by our very own Kevin Estela owner of Estela Wilderness Education LLC. the weekend of March 29, 30 2014 at my shop/campground in Whiteford, Maryland. For more details contact Kevin. This is the first of many more I would love to have there.
Scott

Kevin, I need to get in touch with you about a down payment. I will be there.

Edited to add, if I can give it a try, anyone can.

Stan,

That is the one. Depending on the environment and materials at hand, various supplemental skills can be added. It was a blast last time and is bound to be again. Scott is pretty cool to let us use the property. Just think, use a sharp tool for serious timber by the maker with the maker there! Sick!!!

This is big news guys! I've been meaning to get down to Scott's place. And, i have had an eye on Kevin's classes. This would be a perfect fit!

I don't know though...that's a great ski weekend up in VT. :rolleyes:

i am writing mostly to keep an eye on this post. it's a hike for me, but you guys definitely have my attention. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'm working with a couple companies to supply handouts for the students on this course. Let's just say you will certainly get your money's worth in instruction and gear. I won't even mention the value of the experience. Wait, I just did. Fine, the experience alone is invaluable!

I attended the 2013 Emergency Overnight Course last March in Massachusetts and I was blown away. I have attended many "survival" courses and this short, convenient course was a jam packed, information overload. It's geared to the outdoor enthusiast who may get stuck out overnight. The focus on practical firecraft, shelter building and hydration can keep an unplanned night out from turning into a full blown survival situation. Andy, it's right on par with hunters like yourself who with a minimum of components and the skills from this course can make it through an overnight situation with no problem. Kevin also supplies some cool gear to try out and keep. Well worth the time.

Andy, it's right on par with hunters like yourself who with a minimum of components and the skills from this course can make it through an overnight situation with no problem. Kevin also supplies some cool gear to try out and keep. Well worth the time.
Nice endorsement Kahuana. Another $7.50? Haha, just kidding.

Man it sounds like my kind of adventure. Count me in.

I attended the 2013 Emergency Overnight Course last March in Massachusetts and I was blown away. I have attended many "survival" courses and this short, convenient course was a jam packed, information overload. It's geared to the outdoor enthusiast who may get stuck out overnight. The focus on practical firecraft, shelter building and hydration can keep an unplanned night out from turning into a full blown survival situation. Andy, it's right on par with hunters like yourself who with a minimum of components and the skills from this course can make it through an overnight situation with no problem. Kevin also supplies some cool gear to try out and keep. Well worth the time.

Thanks for the course summary. Hope you'll be able to head down to add some of your knowledge to the course.
Scott

I'm getting excited about this course. It's really the most realistic problematic scenario that I think I would find myself in. I really feel confident and prepared to "survive" most "emergencies" in the outdoors. But, my adventurous spirit is directing me to learn something new and exciting from professionals that live and breath the unexpected. I'm really pumped. It would be nice to have a large group. The property certainly can support a large one.

Kevin, I think you may still owe Gostoberfestians a "Wild Edible Walk".....? All kidding aside. Wild Edible knowledge is my area of improvement. I would love to learn more and hope it will get covered a little.;)

Just had a non-BF student contact me about taking this class. She is sending in her deposit this week. Once that gets here, I will have 2 confirmed. If you haven't sent me your deposit yet, please do so. Once we get closer to the date, the class will fill up.

Back