Source for Loveless green micarta?

Just to update, Angus-Campbell got back to me. He had a 14x39 sheet of green canvas left. He told me "It's the only green Norplex makes" so I ordered it. I'm not sure if Masecraft and others that are selling green micarta are selling Norplex (and don't want to open that can of worms) but I figured it was worth the risk, since the price was good and if it is the same as what's available everywhere else, at least I got a decent deal on it.

If I want maroon, I need to purchase an entire sheet, which I'm not going to do.

I'll post up the color when I get it. I have a feeling it's going to be the same stuff John A posted.

Got my sheet from Angus Campbell today. I sliced off a bit and sanded to 600 and buffed. Like Salem said, not quite bold green but not unattractive. There is a vein of lighter green running through this chunk, I hope the entire sheet isn't mottled like this. I wish the entire thing was that lighter color. But I think this green is all there is.

vPVQdBE.jpg

Looks like great stuff! Looking forward to see it finished on a knife:)

I'd be surprised if it went all the way through. I've had some natural canvas do that, but its only in limited spots of the sheet.
I quite like the dark green myself. I finally found a place that sells it up here, but it's a 36x48 sheet minimum order...

It's excellent quality anyway. I got some zam on your recommendation and it polished up to a good glossy shine like right now, from 600 grit.

Zam is great stuff. Every piece of metal or micarta leaving my shop gets it as the final polish.
If you want another good one, I tried gesswein lustrebar last week. It's similar to Zam, only white and even drier. It's already became my go to wood compound

That looks great, the way the fabric lays is part of the charm.

I had a blade I put vintage cream colored westinghouse micarta. It had a sewed seam right in the middle of it. It is part of the charm of the product.

I hope Sheffield is still in the works. I would drive down there when stationed in Jacksonville about 2 years ago and just walk through the isles of micarta/g10 and pick them out. Easy way to rack up a hefty bill but so satisfying. They had some great stuff. Please let me know if you hear back from them.

Zam is great stuff. Every piece of metal or micarta leaving my shop gets it as the final polish.
If you want another good one, I tried gesswein lustrebar last week. It's similar to Zam, only white and even drier. It's already became my go to wood compound

I got green and white zam. There white is "fablustre" and the green just "zam."

I haven't tried the fablustre, but I'm willing to bet lustrebar is basically the same stuff.

Norplex in the USA make the canvas micarta in quite a few colors, you will have to purchase it in sheets from them though.

Ok I hadn't heard of masecraft till I read this thread and boy did you guys get me in trouble! So many options! Now half my paychecks are going to them! Lol!

Daniel.

Ok I hadn't heard of masecraft till I read this thread and boy did you guys get me in trouble! So many options! Now half my paychecks are going to them! Lol!

Daniel.
I haven't looked into the place up here for exactly that reason.... Apparently they stock the entire norplex line. And they only sell it in 3x4 or 4x8 sheets

Back