Spring Campout

Mrs.Shotgunner11

****This is NOT an official event sanctioned by ESEE. They hold NO liability for your stupid actions if you should hurt yourself.****

It's almost time!

March 17-20, 2011
Kelly Pond Campground
New Waverly, TX

The big birthday girl decided she wanted to camp for a night for her 3rd birthday so we went on a recon mission.

183422_10150182964773312_547803311_8610264_6856117_n.jpg

This is a NEW place. Please note you MUST, MUST!,make sure you have the following with you:

Water- there is NO water available. Any water you will need for the 4 days for cooking, washing, ect bring it with you. There will be nowhere to refill your containers.

Firewood- The area is pretty picked clean. Without cutting down trees we can not sustain ourselves on 4 days of cooking for the amount of people we normally have.

Toilet paper- there is a vault toilet available for use. They forest service does not stock the bathroom.

There are several small ponds, however they're not worth kayaking or canoeing on. If you would like to do so you can go to Stubblefield Lake which is only about 10 minutes away.

The sites are walk in sites. As you can see by the picture below there are poles set up so you can not drive up to your site. The walk won't be that bad. We talked about setting up a general cooking area near the parking area. That way we don't have to haul the coolers all the way to our sites.

182428_10150185465478312_547803311_8635837_2042404_n.jpg

For more pictures of the area you can click this link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=369232&id=547803311&l=6e592660a5

Ka-bar gave us a machete to give away at blade show. We are going to discuss a skills contest to give it away.

Thursday night I will be providing chili and hot dogs for those there. I just need to know who is coming in on Thursday so I make enough.

Saturday night will be our traditional communal dinner. Please contact Cricketdave to find out what is needed for the meal and what you can contribute. We traditionally cook something that would feed our own size family.

Attending:

Shotgunners x5 - Mr, Mrs, Kaela (8), Kamy (6), Beav (3)
Texas Tony x3- Mr, Mrs, Trevor (14?)
Cricketdave
Buckles x4- him and his girlfriend + his cousin +1 (I already can't remember what I read).
1066vik x3- him and his two friends (tentative)
Rodloos
Drew (but I'll believe it when I see him there :))
TXPigpoacher x2- possibly

Saturday dinner-

Main Dishes
Brisket- cricketdave
Venison Goulash- 1066vik

Sides
Artichoke dip- Cricketdave
Mac n Cheese- Erin
Potato salad- Mrs.S
Cole slaw- Mrs. S

Desserts
Cobbler- Mrs. S

This thread will be updated as we have new information. Hope to see you there! If there is anything you need to know please ask. If you're attending please contact someone in advance and exchange cell phone numbers. Cell service in the area is, well, crappy! Texting would be the best way to get in touch with someone there.

****This is NOT an official event sanctioned by ESEE. They hold NO liability for your stupid actions if you should hurt yourself. ****

Last edited:
Katie...What is the status on pets at this camp site.....I was considering bringing my kids....

Katie...What is the status on pets at this camp site.....I was considering bringing my kids....

Ha! Well since there was a misc chicken running around when we were there last weekend I think you're good.

Thank ya dear :D

I have something for Mike ,he is gonna love it,if I dont forget it :thumbup:

Oh Lord.....lol

if it is a coconut jock strap..i am not putting my tent by ya'lls.....Probably bringing my oldest so your boy will have someone to play with...

Bwahahahahahaha........and it begins.......Get your boots folks. Should up being some fun camp fires at night!

Katie- Erin will probably be making a huge thing of her mac & cheese if you want to add that to the list.

David said he'd model the coconut jock strap! :p

Aww tony that's so sweet. It's like you have a heart or something.

Don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm planning on being there!

I'll plan on coming down sometime on Friday. I'll try and bring as much firewood as I can, last time I think I had 1/2 of my pickup full and we still burned it all, a warm fire would be great at night if the temps drop!

I think I have two big jugs for water so far, I may need to round up some more.

I don't know what to bring for the dinner yet, guess I better start planning, it's only three weeks away now!

Going to be fun!

We are bringing all 7 jugs we have for water. Bring what you can and if we run out we'll run to the gas station or Walmart and get more water. I'm sure we'll survive. :)

i'll be bringing a brisket, vik is making venison goulash.

we need sides too.

you guys let me know what your going to bring.

cricket

We are bringing all 7 jugs we have for water. Bring what you can and if we run out we'll run to the gas station or Walmart and get more water. I'm sure we'll survive. :)

It's not like we will be days from civilization....wally world is 20 min away..lol

Back