Spring Campout

I'll be there with guest Thursday afternoon -- which coincidentally enough it St Paddy's day... (so no snakes for Mike!)

we have the following for food so far for the saturday night dinner

Saturday dinner-

Main Dishes
Brisket- cricketdave
Venison Goulash- 1066vik

Sides
Artichoke dip- Cricketdave
Mac n Cheese- Erin
pasta salad- Mrs. S
bread-rod

Desserts
Cobbler- Mrs. S
Donuts- Mrs.S

we could use another meat

take it easy
cricket

Last edited:
oh, yeah - I picked up a new "body-size" cooler today, so should have spare room if someone is short on cooler space.

Does anyone know what county the campground is in? I'm looking at the Texas burn-ban list by county, sure hope we will be able to have a fire! I picked up 1/2 pickup load of firewood last night, maybe I should bring a bag of charcoal instead in case we can't have a fire? If it's Montgomery county we should be OK, Walker and San Jacinto both show a burn ban.

Oh yeah, I was looking at the campground prohibitions. This one really bothered me: #22. Public Nudity. Damn! :D

I'll be in late Friday ,no getting off work early, 2 peeps on vacation & one sick .... so I'll be in around 8:30-9pm :(

There is no burn ban that we know of.

Guess I have to go pack some clothes now. I didn't realize you couldn't run naked. Damn.

The girls and I are headed out now. Email or text if you have questions. See you there!

Does anyone know what county the campground is in? I'm looking at the Texas burn-ban list by county, sure hope we will be able to have a fire! I picked up 1/2 pickup load of firewood last night, maybe I should bring a bag of charcoal instead in case we can't have a fire? If it's Montgomery county we should be OK, Walker and San Jacinto both show a burn ban.

Oh yeah, I was looking at the campground prohibitions. This one really bothered me: #22. Public Nudity. Damn! :D

There is no burn ban that we know of.

Guess I have to go pack some clothes now. I didn't realize you couldn't run naked. Damn.

The girls and I are headed out now. Email or text if you have questions. See you there!
There is a burn ban in Walker County which is where the park is, but the Sam Houston National Forest is exempt from the county instated burn bans.

Have fun out there ;)

Looking forward to see loads and loads of pics when you're back in civilization :D

Folks, we would love to be there, but being that we are not just around the corner, it would be a chore to come. But for all of us fellow forumites that can not make it down to that wonderful state this year, PLEASE, PLEASE, take a lot of shots of all the action so we can enjoy those . . . . and if Cricket decides he wants to try to audition for the "Victoria Secret's" summer catalog again, leave those on the editing room floor . . . . . :D :thumbup:
Everyone have a great time & enjoy the company.
Be safe.

campout was great -- driving North through OK sucked.
good food, good company, great weather, and no coyote's or feral hogs dragging anyone off in the middle of the night.

yup - it was hanging up at home -- was very happy to see that!

Back