Spyderco Clip-It Delica Age

Have a question for some Spyderco buffs...

I came across a Spyderco Clip-It Delica that is in AUS-8 Stainless Steel and fully serrated.The other side of the handle is untextured.The pocket clip isn't made of steel it's formed out of the FRN handle material.The blade spine doesn't have jimping.Uses rivets instead of screws and has no steel liners.

I know some might push for the newer model for all the updates but I really liked this old one.AUS-8 and construction wise may be even lighter than the current model.Can anyone tell me roughly the time period of it?...I'm thinking late 90's to early 2000's.

Some people like your version the best. It is a lighter and the integral pocket clip is easier on the palm during use. The only draw back is the integral clip can break off, but that's not common. A family member has one w/o clip or tip, that's serrated and been through hell and back. She got it for $5 at a flea market. Although the serrations were rounded, I cleaned it up, sharpened it and it's still in use 8 years later.

I bought my first Delica around '92. It was the first folder I had ever seen with a pcket clip, serrations, and one handed opening. My blade is labeled G-2. In all honesty, I like it quite a bit more than the D4 I bought last year--except maybe for the FFG.
IMG_0322.JPG

According to Spydiewiki, D1's labeled AUS-8 were made 1995-1998. http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C11_Delica

Last edited:
I bought two integral clip Enduras, in 92, because the clips broke off. I didn't buy another Endura for 23 years.
I have one in ZDP-189, that's it.

Back