Spyderco Delica w/profile MODIFICATION...

My books are currently closed so that I can eliminate my backlog prior to some extended time off. I anticipate reopening my books sometime mid-summer 2017.

The NoMod Delica/Lil'Para was the initial profile modified design I came up with. It used all the stock Delica hardware and liners. Once the design was posted on the Forums suggestions for improvement were made and the MKII design became the GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para. This version required a slight amount of grinding to remove the protruding nose of the Delica's stainless liners to fit the new profile shape.

The popularity of the GrindMod version caused me to abandon the NoMod design. I no longer machine the NoMod version.

Alright, thank you. If I want to go with the Grindmod do I order it now and get added to a Queue? Sorry not understanding the ordering procedure.

Last edited:
Ordering is rather casual... however I'm not accepting new requests until mid-summer. I'm taking time off once I eliminate my current backlog.

Just received a photo from a customer of Delica/Lil'Para scales mounted on a waved Delica with a deep carry clip... it looks stellar...!

7VjEGkh.jpg

Changed it up yesterday with a New Wharny Delica.

I like it a lot.

SANY0002%202_zpswyadlhie.jpg

That's only the second Lil'Para to go to the Wharncliffe blade... and I have to say... that looks super! Very unique Spydie...!!!

I need some scales just like the ones above, for a delica.

Boomer, how do I go about this? Notice I said need, and not want. Haha

Those are distressed black Micarta GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para scales with a black Micarta back spacer.

I'm just about to shut down the shop operations and start preparing for an epic month long cross country motorcycle excursion... taking requests for scales will resume mid-summer once I return back to the ranch...

Those are distressed black Micarta GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para scales with a black Micarta back spacer.

I'm just about to shut down the shop operations and start preparing for an epic month long cross country motorcycle excursion... taking requests for scales will resume mid-summer once I return back to the ranch...
Cool! Safe travels!
If you end up anywhere from MI to NY and have any issues, I am back and forth on I-90 corridor all the time... Down in the Poconos a bunch, too.

Hit me up if you get stuck somewhere!

It's rare that one of these isn't in my pocket.

33901171575_bae1dbcd0e_b.jpg

Travel safely and have fun!

Safe travels Steve! Enjoy your time off! Still love these scales you are a great craftsman!

The scales came in today, thank you again Steve, they are awesome! The orange liners really send it over the top!

^^^ These are the ones for me! Please let me know when your books open back up! :)

I absolutely love these.. I've got a few Delicas... time I modded one or two. Looking forward to your return for a set in Micarta for a wharnie!

One of the last jobs in my backlog. ALMOST have the remaining requests whipped out so I can shut down ops and take a break...

GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para in charcoal G10 w/a bordered flintknap texture.

I'm experimenting with a MOONGLOW back spacer. I attempted using MOONGLOW as a back spacer material previously with no joy. The acrylic plastic is brittle and the lower tang of the spacer just snapped right off. That was before I started pinning the lower tang. This installation I have the lower tang pinned and so far... it appears to be working. I've thumb flick opened and closed the blade a hundred times or so and it has not broken the back spacer. I'll continue to play and time will tell... at least until I package it up and ship it out to the customer...

2eA3WQB.jpg

cz7iZ5S.jpg

9YkCQa0.jpg

cO6nnXJ.jpg

gdhOBa5.jpg

atbKMN0.jpg

0l5bN8x.jpg

zN0hkBU.jpg

Back