Spyderco Dog Tag Knife: What do you know? What do you think? "Panchenko"

I recently saw some photos of a new Dog Tag knife, made by Spyderco. You can check out the full specs online, like at BladeHQ, but here are some things that stood out to me.
Keep in mind, I've never owned a Spydie before.
It's S30V steel, yet made in Taiwan.
Chisel Ground, Features Spyderhole opener, yet no locking system (Slipjoint)
It's clear to see they obviously could've integrated a locking mechanism, however, I believe they chose not to so that it would be legal in more places.
It's got a green titanium frame, with a sheepsfoot blade
What do you think? Here's a photo
item--Spyderco-Panchenko-Dog-Tag-Folder--23177

They looked pretty good at Blade. Serge was selling a dozen or so of his custom dog tags as well, very nicely made.

Any idea on the price point? I'd love to pick one up, but at the same time, I'm not willing to pay much for a production, 'import' blade to hang around my neck... It's more of a novelty.

His customs are $300+, I'd expect it to be under $100. I wouldn't be too concerned about it being an import, the Taiwanese Spydecos are excellent.

[video=youtube_share;pKRg9GeiKFw]http://youtu.be/pKRg9GeiKFw[/video]

Definitely a must have. National Knives have them listed for $68 when they become available. Not a bad price at all.

Tom

I'll be keeping my eye open for this one, I already wear a mini titanium Police on my neck chain, if like to retire that one because of its rarity, this would make a great replacement. :thumbup:

Has anyone gotten a hold of one of these yet? I read on the Spyderco forums that it would be available this month, but I've yet to see it.

Looks cool, maybe get one to complete the set.
got the Spydies CC knife and the Byrd version(crap).

As this knife is only bevelled on one side it will not work so well if you are left handed.
I have a Maserin 551 which has a similar blade and is awkward for me to use.
$69.95 cheapest I could find in US ( Knifeworks ) cheapest in Europe 109 euros = $143!

As this knife is only bevelled on one side it will not work so well if you are left handed.
I have a Maserin 551 which has a similar blade and is awkward for me to use.
$69.95 cheapest I could find in US ( Knifeworks ) cheapest in Europe 109 euros = $143!

Actually...it should be easier to use for away-from-the-body cuts. For righties across-the-body cuts will be easiest.

For me it seems more of a novelty than a useful knife, especially at the price. I think it will probably become one of those knives that doesn't sell well initially but in years from now people will be willing to pay high secondary market prices for them, because of its... novelty.

I was $69 at 8:26am but Spyderco said they made a pricing mistake changed to $119.95 by 2:04pm 8/29/2014

Spyderco August Byte: CORRECTION $119.95

Released in 2014, the Dog Tag is available with two different finish options. One combines a stonewash finish on the blade, a green anodized handle scale, and blue anodizing on the back strap and pivot pin disk. The other will be a stealthy all-black motif in which the blade, handle scale, and all other hardware are coated with a durable titanium carbonitride finish.

I was $69 at 8:26am but Spyderco said they made a pricing mistake changed to $119.95 by 2:04pm 8/29/2014

Spyderco August Byte: CORRECTION $119.95

Released in 2014, the Dog Tag is available with two different finish options. One combines a stonewash finish on the blade, a green anodized handle scale, and blue anodizing on the back strap and pivot pin disk. The other will be a stealthy all-black motif in which the blade, handle scale, and all other hardware are coated with a durable titanium carbonitride finish.

The mistake was in regards to the MSRP. No one really ever pays that.

Back