Spyderco Fakes & Knock Offs Info

Please use this thread to demonstrate & educate against fake, clone, or otherwise nonauthentic Spyderco knives. Please observe the forums rules, and keep it clean. Do not post links to ACTIVE AUCTIONS on Ebay, it's against the rules.

Last edited:
Please use this thread to demonstrate fake, clone, or otherwise nonauthentic Spyderco knives. Please observe the forums rules, and keep it clean.

Why have a shrine thread to fakes? Why not just report them and be done?

This thread is meant to inform the naive so they do not get tricked into buying a fake.

Here is one I reported last week and even wrote to the seller but as you can see it went until auction end like most of them do and someone got took thinking they own a Spyderco.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150525235823&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's a real beauty...
2fake.jpg

Here is one that is still an active auction so I won't post a link but here is a pic...

FakeS.jpg

Why have a shrine thread to fakes? Why not just report them and be done?

This thread is not a shrine, it's a place where people can report fakes. This way Sal , Joyce, and Kristi don't have to go hunting for them. This thread should also serve to educate new people on what a fake is and ask questions. There is an endless wave of those ugly blue handled, comet opening holed knives from China and all kinds of threads popping up asking if they are real or not. Just trying to help out.

This thread is not a shrine, it's a place where people can report fakes. This way Sal , Joyce, and Kristi don't have to go hunting for them. This thread should also serve to educate new people on what a fake is and ask questions. There is an endless wave of those ugly blue handled, comet opening holed knives from China and all kinds of threads popping up asking if they are real or not. Just trying to help out.

Exactly. Makes perfect sense. :thumbup:

Here are a few more I have on my PC that I have ran across over the last few months. There is a brand called "NAVY" that is pretty good at pumping out the fakes. Sadly there are a lot more.

More knock offs and fakes:

UKPK

BZsdsgBmkKGrHgoH-EQEjlLlbinfBKn-bb2JC_12.jpg

Native

BVN4odwCGkKGrHgoH-CsEjlLlzPB1BKRFCbkZQ_12.jpg

Lil Temp

BVFkydwCGkKGrHgoOKicEjlLmYvG8BKQuHj0kH_12.jpg

Volpe

BdObBQmkKGrHqYOKiYEq5JiH8oBK378NC86g_3.jpg

Police

Policefake.jpg

Flat Byrd

BVNuovgBGkKGrHgoH-EEjlLlyV66BKRWGcGSmQ_12.jpg

You get the picture

Last edited:
Blatant rip off using Spydero's name...

And a few more for your consideration if you have a strong stomach. I do have the link to the web site but an hesitant to post due to forum rules. The site actually lists more of them I just don't have time this morning to upload.

Spyderco 982 Pocket Folding Knife #696

2113696.jpg

Spyderco HL762 Discoloration 2.5'' Tactical Folding Knife

C1230.jpg

Spyderco Protable Pocket Knife Red #156

C1566.jpg

Spyderco Tactical Knife S30V Plain Edge Blade Aluminum Handle

C1567-1.jpg

Spyderco Spyderfly Hardness 4'~!# Blade Tactical Leather Sheath

B1194-1.jpg

Spyderco VS-10 Tactical Folding Knife #234

21115234.jpg

Spyderco Spyderfly Smallfly Training Butterfly Knife #620

V1007.jpg

and the last entry is the infamous one that has flooded the Ebay market over the last year. I have also seen this one on Ebay in silver. :barf:

Spyderco 119B Tactical Pocket Knife #421

21154421.jpg

That last image seems to be the little brother to the blue aluminum handle comet hole opening, Spyderco fake. Good catch.

I know. It's kinda scary isn't it? I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have one of those. One time I was on Ebay and pulled up items under ending soonest. I saw one like it and it only had a bid a 5 bucks with less than 10 seconds in the auction so I bid without paying attention. Luckily I got it for 5.11 so I didn't get screwed too bad. The pivot is about the size of a toothpick haha. It's a real POS.

There is also another one of those blue beauties but it won't let me save image in a postable format and since I can't post a link to a live auction, just know it's out there.

Merry Christmas Spydernuts!! :)
This one offered by "dentman"?

fake_spyderco.jpg

Paul
bar_02.gif

My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and good fortune and fame are your lot, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile with his shorts twisted up in a knot. - Morey Amsterdam

Back