Spyderco Fakes & Knock Offs Info

I also saw a fake Slyzs Bowie and a identical Techno clone!!! WTF

On a side note it seems they are cloning everything now...ZT562, ZT450, Shirigorov, Strider, Hinderer....and the copies keep getting closer and closer to the real thing....Although the Spyderco ones are almost identical copies

Those are both atrocious fakes. Look where it says Description and Shipping and Payments Tabs, then look all the way to the right from there.

You could stick your finger in the dam, it would be more effective than trying to be the Ebay cop on these though.

Les,

Additional info on spotting fake Endura 4: the bidirectional pattern at the end of the handle is missing one small teeth on the fake. This is similar missing pattern you mentioned around the middle Spyderco logo. I noticed this on your video showing the 'hershey' wrapped Endura.

Another one, the spine. Fake one has the grind lines of the spine along the length of the blade. Original (on my E4 Sabre, SuperBlue, Hap40), the spine grind lines are perpendicular to blade length.

You might want to add this info on your videos.

Chris "Anagarika";16011345 said:
Les,

Additional info on spotting fake Endura 4: the bidirectional pattern at the end of the handle is missing one small teeth on the fake. This is similar missing pattern you mentioned around the middle Spyderco logo. I noticed this on your video showing the 'hershey' wrapped Endura.

Another one, the spine. Fake one has the grind lines of the spine along the length of the blade. Original (on my E4 Sabre, SuperBlue, Hap40), the spine grind lines are perpendicular to blade length.

You might want to add this info on your videos.

Good eye on both of those. The grind lines on the back of the blade of the fakes is actually better done than the real one IMO. Those wily Chinese cloners probably never thought we'd look at the FRN pattern so closely!

A guy on youtube is sending me a Black Clone Southard to review, so I'll be doing another Video of next week or so. He says it really looks like a real one, even more than the previous clones. I have a Real all Black Southard so we'll see.

Chris "Anagarika";16011715 said:
If what Sal & co declared is true, that molding FRN is costly, hopefully they won't be changing the FRN anytime soon.

I bought my mother 2 Salts last year for Xmas. She fishes a lot. I think she was disappointed in the "Plastic" handles!

I had to explain to her how nice they were and that they were in fact my Favorite handle material.

I have a crapload of knives I could carry every day, but I always want to carry a Superblue Stretch for some reason...

I bought my mother 2 Salts last year for Xmas. She fishes a lot. I think she was disappointed in the "Plastic" handles!

I had to explain to her how nice they were and that they were in fact my Favorite handle material.

I have a crapload of knives I could carry every day, but I always want to carry a Superblue Stretch for some reason...

I've been Endura smitten if you haven't noticed;). Getting a user Stretch to see what it's all about. When it comes I'll know:D

Chris "Anagarika";16011997 said:
I've been Endura smitten if you haven't noticed;). Getting a user Stretch to see what it's all about. When it comes I'll know:D

I started out Loving Enduras and I saw people mention the Stretch. I thought, that is one ugly knife. Kept seeing people talk about them, and finally bought one. Haven't really carried an Endura since. Bought more Stretch's though.

I like them both, just the Stretch always wins out for the pocket space.

I started out Loving Enduras and I saw people mention the Stretch. I thought, that is one ugly knife. Kept seeing people talk about them, and finally bought one. Haven't really carried an Endura since. Bought more Stretch's though.

I like them both, just the Stretch always wins out for the pocket space.

Seems that I have been following same trail. Just hope not to buy more Stretch.

Hey Im new and got two spydercos off ebay. Based off this thread I want you guys check they aren't fake but how would I add an image from my tablet?

Found my first fake today. I knew it was as soon as I picked it up. Just didn't feel right. This situation was ok, as selling fakes goes, because the seller knew it was fake, and was selling it as a fake. He wanted 20 bucks.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

The next pic is blurry but you can see the G10 at the edges is more contoured and not as sharp as a real PM2.

Box with literature. There was no UPC code sticker on this box. There was also at least one spelling error "pocker" instead of "pocket"

Found my first fake today. I knew it was as soon as I picked it up. Just didn't feel right. This situation was ok, as selling fakes goes, because the seller knew it was fake, and was selling it as a fake. He wanted 20 bucks.

Why would that situation be OK? It is still completely illegal, whether the seller discloses it or not. It is a counterfeit.

Why would that situation be OK? It is still completely illegal, whether the seller discloses it or not. It is a counterfeit.

I concur, wholeheartedly.

Clones, knock-offs, etc., they all represent Theft.

I wouldn't accept one if it was given to me.

I didn't mean it was ok ok, in that fakes were right and just.

I meant that the seller didn't try to sell it for 135. He said it was a fake and I got to respect that.

I thought you guys were smart readers. Guess not.

I didn't mean it was ok ok, in that fakes were right and just.

I meant that the seller didn't try to sell it for 135. He said it was a fake and I got to respect that.

I thought you guys were smart readers. Guess not.

Let's try again.

It's a felony - a serious crime (among other serious crimes that are not being prosecuted). When prosecuted, it results in years in prison and fines the criminal probably cannot pay.

In part, the seller is selling the brand of the owner of the brand.

If the knife moves along in the secondary market, someone picking it up may well assume that it represents the general quality of the brand, damaging the value of the brand.

Respecting someone on the grounds that he admits to being a criminal seems odd to us, but then we are all dumb, according to you. Dumb as we are, we just go on disrespecting slimy crooks.

Back