Spyderco Fakes & Knock Offs Info

pretty sad and very blatant example of what I consider IP theft:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1423601-Dominion-arms-tomahawk

The company doesn't seem to make any effort to be original, they simply solicit their participants to "offer ideas as to what to copy" next. Some go to great lengths to cover up their sources, other are proud at their lack or integrity and see it as a source of inspiration.

What a horrible place. Lots of longtime high post count members praising counterfeiting. Glad this place isn't like that. We have our issues at times but nothing like that!

I ran a search on the new Wolf Spider, and these guys came up; if it's not appropriate to post this here, let me know and I'll remove it.

blah-blah-blah-chinaprices.net/search/nonsense&lies/Spyderco+fakestuff

ETA: nevermind - on further research they just link to Aliexpress, tinydeal, and other fake sellers - the site just links to the fakers. :rolleyes:

I'm curious, how does Spyderco go about dealing with this kind of thing? (The fake manufacturers, I mean?)

~Chris

Last edited:
I ran a search on the new Wolf Spider, and these guys came up; if it's not appropriate to post this here, let me know and I'll remove it.

blah-blah-blah-chinaprices.net/search/nonsense&lies/Spyderco+fakestuff

ETA: nevermind - on further research they just link to Aliexpress, tinydeal, and other fake sellers - the site just links to the fakers. :rolleyes:

I'm curious, how does Spyderco go about dealing with this kind of thing? (The fake manufacturers, I mean?)

~Chris

They do go after them.

Aliexpress has really cracked down on them. They will deactivate their account.

That's why you won't see many use the word Spyderco in the title or description. If they do, they won't last long.

DHGATE is not on them as much. I think it has to do with Alibaba being publicly listed is why Ali cracks down more.

pretty sad and very blatant example of what I consider IP theft:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1423601-Dominion-arms-tomahawk

The company doesn't seem to make any effort to be original, they simply solicit their participants to "offer ideas as to what to copy" next. Some go to great lengths to cover up their sources, other are proud at their lack or integrity and see it as a source of inspiration.

I think they need a couple more ad's on the top of their page :eek:

Spyderco Farid K2 - knockoff or clone or doctored original?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262730512556?ul_noapp=true

Looks like a money scam to me ...
Have not made report to Ebay, as I assume Spyderco might choose to investigate seller personally.

Listed info:
[FONT=&amp]Item specifics

• Model Number:110 111 f3 f95 hati tabargan f7 f5 c36 c81 c187
  • is_customized:Yes
  • DIY Supplies:Metalworking
  • Type:Folding Blade Knife
  • Handle Material:titanium carbon fiber

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Product Description
Overall Length : 24.6CM
Blade Length : 9.8CM
Length Length: 13.6CM
Blade Thickness : 0.35CM (Thickest)
Blade Material : CPM-10V
Handle Material : Import Titanium Alloy Stone Wash
Strong Hardness : 60-61HRC
Knife Weight : 175g
Process : Pearl Stone Wash (Copper Washer System)
Quality Guarantee : Yes
Packing : Color Box

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Not only is the K2 now being cloned....I just saw a FireFly clone on ebay too! Its easy to spot as a clone because it looks really cheap. Also it uses black g10 instead of carbon fiber for the bolster. Also its not a high mirror polish on the scales like the original one.
I could list more but I don't want to give more hints to the cloners. Besides those two tells are really big and easy tells to spot

Not only is the K2 now being cloned....I just saw a FireFly clone on ebay too! Its easy to spot as a clone because it looks really cheap. Also it uses black g10 instead of carbon fiber for the bolster. Also its not a high mirror polish on the scales like the original one.
I could list more but I don't want to give more hints to the cloners. Besides those two tells are really big and easy tells to spot

K2 clone has been out more than a year.

You're not giving them ideas...

Spyderco is

Here's a bunch that are new to me. Maybe old IDK

K2:
TSOAukb.jpg

Firefly:
coDhjVG.jpg

Ti Millie
G1iAQ66.jpg

UKPK:
vKdQAML.jpg

Yojimbo 2:
hMOVq3v.jpg

Endura 4 standard + waved
XCqucu4.jpg

kaFwAs5.jpg

Tenacious:
dGa0qcg.jpg

Theres now a fake Mamba. Pretty much a spot on copy thats well copied. Only difference which makes it super easy to spot is that its G10 handles and not Carbon Fiber. Otherwise the size, shape, blade colors, etc are the same.

I just bought a paramilitary and I think it is fake. How can I tell for sure?

Where did you get it and how much? If it sounds too good to be true...as they say. You could also maybe post pics, or for 100% certainty, send it in to Spyderco.

Back