Recommendation? Spyderco folder

Hi guys,
I am in for a new EDC and was thinking of a spyderco folder (approx 3 inch blade). What is the most comfortable to actually use in your opinion (whittling, cutting bread and sausage, spreading peanut butter, opening boxes) ? Many EDC folding knives I have had were almost useless due to weird handle shapes with sharp edges etc.
Thanks!

The Manix 2 Lightweight would be a great choice. Thin wide blade, plus the CTS BD1 would be good for food prep, it has very good corrosion resistance, plus decent edge retention. The Tenacious is another nice option, but 8cr13 isn't as corrosion resistant as CTS BD1.

I'll jump in with the Manix 2 crowd. That knife took me by complete surprise. Out of all the Spydies I've had I think I'd choose a Manix 2 to be my EDC over em' all(that's a big deal!), haha.

Wow - thanks for the quick replies! I don't like Delica's saber ground blade but I guess the handle is comfortable? I like the Sage but the liner lock looks like "cutting into" my hand when in use. So, the Manix seems to fit the bill for me, not totally sure about the handle though and I don't know the steel at all (not a big deal, it's an EDC and I like sharpening ...).

I could get the Manix for 112 Can$ !

Wow - thanks for the quick replies! I don't like Delica's saber ground blade but I guess the handle is comfortable? I like the Sage but the liner lock looks like "cutting into" my hand when in use. So, the Manix seems to fit the bill for me, not totally sure about the handle though and I don't know the steel at all (not a big deal, it's an EDC and I like sharpening ...).

One thing I can say with 100% honesty.. The Manix's ergonomics are thee best I've had yet out of any knife. It literally fits like a glove, haha.

If I had to make a complaint it'd be that the handle is a tad long for me(I have smaller hands so that's just my input).

They have a full flat ground Delica as well. The Manix 2 liteweights are an absolute pleasure to carry. They truly are lightweight. I prefer the ball bearing lock on the Manix 2s but they now make a lockback Manix if you prefer that.

The Delica on the other hand is also very easy to carry and takes up less room in the pocket. The truth is the Delica is the perfect size edc knife. It will do almost any every day task. I find if I am carrying a knife bigger than a Delica it is usually just because I want to. At the same time the Delica is not small and supports four finger grips.

Those are just my opinions, for what it's worth.

Actually the Delica has a saber grind or full flat grind blade option. Incidentally the full flat grind is the most common now from my browsing experience!

Ummmm....this MAY have been mentioned, but I would step way out there and say DELICA...Ta Dum. :D FFG by the way.

31713191043_1565eb941e_k.jpg

Spyderco-Kahr-Arms-Delicas2-500x333.jpg

There's also the Delica wharncliffe. The Kahr Delica variant too.

IMG_2705.JPG Add another $7 and grab one of the Cutlery Shoppe exclusives in s90v.......it is a bad boy!!!
$119 shipped!!
I have 7 Manix 2s, I kinda like the model, and this one is fantastic in every way! Slices like a pissed off demon!
Good luck!!
Joe

I'm not a Spyderco fan boy but I do own and carry fairly regularly the Native 5 light weight. Cutting edge is shy of your 3" requirement but it's S35VN which is really good steel especially compared to the Delica. At least look at one and by all means go somewhere you can handle the ones you have under consideration to see how they feel to you.

Back