SR-11 Flipper First Impressions

Look what the UPS man brought today by way of Finland!
Thought you might like some photos of this stylish new blade from Lionsteel.

As much as I love the blade shape and grind, I was really impressed with how comfortable the handle end of this knife is.. in every manner of grip, even reverse.

While I'm on the handle, I really like anodized finish, it's duller than the finish on my SR-2 which is a little too shiny for me.

The flipping action is great and the lock up is very positive, no blade movement at all.

As for the pointy end, I love the blade, that's what sold me on this knife. I've had a really good experience with Sleipner so I don't mind a little preventive maintenance. Just like I don't mind putting oil in my car. Some folks don't like it and that's ok, I don't care to argue about it

I really like the flipper tab / finger guard angle, it works with the handle ergonomics very well.

The only thing that is going to take some getting used to is this convex edge, I'm looking forward to learning how to maintain it.

All in all I'm a very happy camper tonight.
Kudos to Gianni and Molletta on another winner!

Here are some photos:

Attachments

• 6919.jpg
    6919.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 6921.jpg
    6921.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 6923.jpg
    6923.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Blade and frame lock details:

Attachments

• 6918.jpg
    6918.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 6917.jpg
    6917.jpg
    537.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 6916.jpg
    6916.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 14
I think the SR-11a is a much better value this time around. As the op said, better ano. Has the same bearings and sleipnir steel as the ti.

Back