SR11 Flipper

Finally found a red aluminum handled sr11 in stock and ordered it. I'll post some (cell phone) pics when I get it.

Another Overall Knife of the Year award for LionSteel - SR11 at the 2017 Blade Show.

Congrats!

Another Overall Knife of the Year award for LionSteel - SR11 at the 2017 Blade Show.

Congrats!

I love the design, but it's hard to believe the knife of the year has such a subpar blade steel.

Lionsteel, please make an SR11 with M390. :thumbsup:

I love the design, but it's hard to believe the knife of the year has such a subpar blade steel.

Lionsteel, please make an SR11 with M390. :thumbsup:

with all due respect, i don't understand this comment. m390 was looked down on by many in the knife community when it was first introduced as a downgrade from cpm-s90v and cpm-s110v; it was even disfavorably compared to cpm-m4 as the lesser steel. it was seen as a low-end premium steel -- but now the knife world is obsessed with the stuff and hail it the greatest of all premium steels. i'm pretty sure it's a fad. don't get me wrong -- m390 is a great steel. but sleipner is, too, if you'd take the time to respect its strengths and weigh them against its weaknesses. same with the cpm's and the bohler's. just my two cents.

with all due respect, i don't understand this comment. m390 was looked down on by many in the knife community when it was first introduced as a downgrade from cpm-s90v and cpm-s110v; it was even disfavorably compared to cpm-m4 as the lesser steel. it was seen as a low-end premium steel -- but now the knife world is obsessed with the stuff and hail it the greatest of all premium steels. i'm pretty sure it's a fad. don't get me wrong -- m390 is a great steel. but sleipner is, too, if you'd take the time to respect its strengths and weigh them against its weaknesses. same with the cpm's and the bohler's. just my two cents.

I would love an SR-11 in S90V, but Lionsteel seems to prefer M390 as a premium steel. That is why I recommended it.

Sleipner is a tool steel. Much like D2, it has no place on a $350 production folder. That's my opinion. Seems several folks on page 2 of this thread agree.

I would love an SR-11 in S90V, but Lionsteel seems to prefer M390 as a premium steel. That is why I recommended it.

Sleipner is a tool steel. Much like D2, it has no place on a $350 production folder. That's my opinion. Seems several folks on page 2 of this thread agree.

would you feel better about it if it was cpm-m4? isn't that "premium" steel a tool steel as well? i guess i sense a certain prejudice against tool steels as being non-premium.

but to each their own, as they say. i respect your right to hold your opinion, and i'm grateful for you taking the time to listen to and respond to mind, even if in disagreement!

I ordered my LionSteel SR11 yesterday due to the annual Lamnia sale of Italian knives. It should be here by Friday. I got the titanium with all black stonewashed. Looks cool! It will match up well with my T5 black stonewashed.

sr11_bb.jpg

Last edited:
Smooth action, flips nicely. Better than the LionSTEEL KUR and TRE. Maybe not the fastest in the market but it flips open in one smooth action. Also falls shut due to gravity, maybe with a little wrist movement.

Also looking forward to the smaller version :)

How is the detent?

I ordered my LionSteel SR11 yesterday due to the annual Lamnia sale of Italian knives. It should be here by Friday. I got the titanium with all black stonewashed. Looks cool! It will match up well with my T5 black stonewashed.

sr11_bb.jpg

Looks fantastic.... wish I could have got in on that price before it sold out.

Let us know how you like it

any word on when these knives will make it to US retailers? trying to decide whether to buy from lamnia or to wait for collectorknives to get its stock in...

Handled them at Blade, detent was excellent, flipping action was fantastic and it still carried the Lionsteel "magic" of the SR1 and SR2 models. Definitely regret letting go of my SR1 and SR2, might have to go back and pick those up soon. I have one on it's way to me already, can't wait!

Seems like the Lionsteel branded clips are marketing material only. My clip is plain without the logo.
The reason I spotted this is that I had to bend my clip tighter. I had a look at the promo images, and noticed the logos.

Yep..seems clips in production come without logo. I should have mine from Germany>Croatia in few days. I like the blade shape more than SR-1. How resistant is the paint job on the alu handle? Is it powder coated or plain? Have a feeling it should look good even when it the paint starts wearing out? Hope its not too slippy.

Back