• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

stainless steel heat treat in MA

So I made a few knives including a couple of folders (one still going through finishing work). Mostly I made them in O1. I am thinking that for a folder a stainless blade and stainless liners would be a definite plus (specially since it is harder to make sure no water goes inside the knife). Because of that I am thinking that a future project (maybe next folder) should have stainless steel blade and liner, however I know I won't be able to do the heat treat myself.

So I am looking for someone who could heat treat stainless steel for me in small quantities (it takes me a long time to make a knife) at a price which won't break my bank.
I am in MA near Boston, someone local would be nice to cut on both the S+H cost and the time for actually shipping (once the blade is ready for heat treat, I obviously become eager to have the knife finished).

I haven't selected the type of steel yet because I am pretty flexible there, at my skill level I often have to scrap pieces so reasonably priced and easy to work with will be big drivers and advices are welcome.

There are tons of places that heat treat steels around. Still I would stick with the couple companies that are known for working specifically with knives. USPS rates make shipping a non factor. Ive been using either True Grit or Peters Heat Treating

Back