Starbenza Insingo?

PeteyTwoPointOne

Platinum Member
Will it ever happen?

Sorry if the topic's already been broached...this is my first post in this subforum :eek:

Welcome aboard!
One of the good guys here folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRK will sell you just the blade. If you bought a regular Starbenza, you could send it in to CRK for an Insingo blade.

I guess there's no reason why you couldn't just buy an Insingo and swap the blades yourself.

Welcome aboard!
One of the good guys here folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks brother. If I'm solely judged by the quality of friends I've made here on BF, I'll do just fine! :)

CRK will sell you just the blade. If you bought a regular Starbenza, you could send it in to CRK for an Insingo blade.

I guess there's no reason why you couldn't just buy an Insingo and swap the blades yourself.

I've thought of just swapping out a blade from one of my current Insingos...I have a couple of both sizes...but aren't CRK blades, pivots, pivot bushings, handles, and even washers custom finished/mated to high tolerances?

What's held me back from doing that up till now is that I don't want to risk messing with the mojo of my already perfect Sebbies and getting something off-kilter because of those exacting specs.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly: CRK will sell me a blade and finish it out and fit it specific to the rest of my kit?

Seems like a grand idea, but if it's that easy, why I haven't ever seen a Insingo Starbenza before? Maybe I just need to look around more?... Thanks Emre

Last edited:
I've thought of just swapping out a blade from one of my current Insingos...I have a couple of both sizes...but aren't CRK blades, pivots, pivot bushings, handles, and even washers custom finished/mated to high tolerances?
To me, maintaining "high tolerances" means the parts should be essentially interchangeable. Why bother milling to within one ten-thousandth of an inch (0.0001") just to turn around and ask Joe Lineworker to hand-fit everything?

So, if I'm understanding you correctly: CRK will sell me a blade and finish it out and fit it specific to the rest of my kit?
I've seen a bunch of threads on this forum where folks have both regular and tanto or insingo blades for the same knife. I'm sure if you sent your knife to CRK and asked them to swap blades, they'd do it for the cost of the blade (around $175 if I remember correctly).

Or, just test it yourself. Keep track of which parts go with which knife so you can return everything back to normal if it doesn't work out. No big deal.

Seems like a grand idea, but if it's that easy, why I haven't ever seen a Insingo Starbenza before?
There's a first time for everything ;)

Back