• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

Wow. I'm so glad I found this thread. I was looking around the Internet continuing to search for my next knife when I saw a number of Steve Corkum's knives on a reputable purveyor's site. I search for his knives and found that he has sold his name and designs to CRKT I believe (I lost my respect for them, they used to make very good very inexpensive knives and now they make overpriced crap) which raised my eyebrows, then I found a surprisingly large number of knifes available, far more than any other custom knife maker I've ever seen. That raised my eyebrows even more. Then I searched for reviews and found one reference to him being a thief, so I searched again and found this thread. Now I know why there are so many Steve Corkum knives available - there is a boycott going on. Thanks y'all.

looking for new phone numbers or if any one knows if he still lives at same address thank you any info will be great

but I finally got the last blades I had paid for. I really didn't expect to see them, but miracles do happen.....

I will not get in to my problem with steve, but I am true to the heart hurt!!
Why? when I trust some one and they have made a promish and does not come thru , I really don't know how to think , I have allways gave evry body the beifit of the dought , and now I am out over $600.00 with out recouse
( folks please for give my spelling and don't fell like fixing it do to depresion.
good luck to all who do get these fine made blades, which I feel they are. I figure I will never see mine. but those who do enjoy the blade. and then forget him. who knows the may be worth some bigger money latter in life. I have gave up on him. GOD Bless all of you, and have a Great Christmas & new year.
Be well. Dagger Joe:(

Dagger Joe,
I'm sorry about your situation with Corkum. If he's out there somewhere and happens to see your post I hope he realizes how he has affected people who have took a liking to his work and never received their blade. Dfarmerknives got his blades and maybe one day you will get yours. Hey Christmas is coming and miracles do happen. All the best and have a great holiday too.
NIKO

Last edited:
Hello, I just found this thread.
I ordered 2 knives from Steve in 2005 or 2006 I do not remember.
I received the knives but he started acting strange so I stopped buying from him.
I am sad to see that he has reached this level in his career.
Any news on him lately?
Ray

dscn2492800x600.jpg

Heck, I've taken some cycle trips through his town. For a nominal fee, I can collect some of his DNA for you guys. (grin)

Hello, I just found this thread.
I ordered 2 knives from Steve in 2005 or 2006 I do not remember.
I received the knives but he started acting strange so I stopped buying from him.
I am sad to see that he has reached this level in his career.
Any news on him lately?
Ray

dscn2492800x600.jpg

Uh... anyone else notice the hamon line on that top one is VERY obviously fake?

Wow, I just worked with this guy for 2 months, he was trying to sell cars. Man what a story teller, don't know what was true or not but interesting, none the less. He quit on Saturday saying only "the Government needed him". He talked about his knives a lot but I never typed his name into google until today. I was thinking of some of his heroic stories and thought I may see some articles about him, I guess you could say what I found was not necessarily a surprise. Did you know one time he was involved in a mid-air knife fight after falling from a window? Just thought I would give an update, good luck to all on getting what they ordered and also sending positive thoughts to Steve in hopes he can make a comeback or something, he obviously made good knives! One thing I will not miss is trying to get away from the man when he started telling me stories....LOL!

I've seen posts about Steve surface from time to time. I'm not sure about the various state laws, but fraudulant sales of anything through use of the mail is a federal crime with really stiff penalities. In the bigger scheme of things, Steve may be small fish, but if you found the right federal agency / individual you might be able to make things really uncomfortable (i.e. expensive) for him.

Razz

Staggering read, cover to cover. Highly informative section of the forum, yet utterly sobering. Nonetheless, extremely dark and bitterly depressing.

me and a friend went by steve corkums house last weekend on a fishing trip too p.a. and saw him laughing having a good old time living it up!in his front yard with a whole garage full of people working on every machine in his garage either they were hard core friends or people who have not read anything about him or they are being sucked in like the rest of us the many the mad! the riped off!!. we were going too stop but decided too pass because of possble confrontation because he is obviously not planing too make good on past orders talked too the local cops they told us that that he filed bankruptcy and the state could do nothing even though we won a judgment against him but he still continues too produce knives in p.a.and is making money selling them i do not know how you feel about this but it does not set well with me

Just looking over these forums. I know Corkum personally now and did then. What you are saying is made up. The man was very very sick and almost died at the time you are talking about and I know for a fact that you didnt see what you say you did, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM!!!!!

Back