• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

Sorry was in a hurry directed it at the wrong person.. sorry PCL.

mr.townsend83

Its a nice story, him being Ill and all.

One little fail in logic however which I feel needs to be pointed out to you.

The man in question still took orders during the time he was supposed to be sick.

mr.townsend83 I dont have to say like you that I knew corkum better than you but did just say it. I go way back in the early 2000's with corkum . I purchased several knives from corkum and they were indeed nice knives, however over the next couple of years which would put my major problem with him well before this supposed being ill. I paid for knives totaling over 6,000 dollars and never received another knife. I talked at length with him over time and all I got were later proved just to be lies and stories. then he number went to a non working one and never could find him again. A simple check will show he used many aliases and addresses. I know personally a fellow who was with Strider knives at the time who lost over 10,000 dollars with him too. this being sick business is bs. I filed a complaint with the pennsylvania attorney general and received a nice reply from them, but they were never able to locate corkum with all his moving around and changing names. Like one of the posts about corkum he is a master story teller and his bs about the what he did in the military if he was ever in it is that BS as proven by many veterans. He stole from people but showed his true colors as a crook. Sad thing is he was a very good knifemaker but instead of just stopping he started and flat out stole 1000's of dollars from people.

mr.townsend83 I dont have to say like you that I knew corkum better than you but did just say it. I go way back in the early 2000's with corkum . I purchased several knives from corkum and they were indeed nice knives, however over the next couple of years which would put my major problem with him well before this supposed being ill. I paid for knives totaling over 6,000 dollars and never received another knife. I talked at length with him over time and all I got were later proved just to be lies and stories. then he number went to a non working one and never could find him again. A simple check will show he used many aliases and addresses. I know personally a fellow who was with Strider knives at the time who lost over 10,000 dollars with him too. this being sick business is bs. I filed a complaint with the pennsylvania attorney general and received a nice reply from them, but they were never able to locate corkum with all his moving around and changing names. Like one of the posts about corkum he is a master story teller and his bs about the what he did in the military if he was ever in it is that BS as proven by many veterans. He stole from people but showed his true colors as a crook. Sad thing is he was a very good knifemaker but instead of just stopping he started and flat out stole 1000's of dollars from people.

I get it, i do. I gave him money to get back on his feet and he just wanted more and more. He started believing himself which got to be the problem. They all go on the defense the second their reality came in question. You may know him better but he never moved, been at the same residence since for all those who claim to not know. He hurt me in a way that cant be paid back.

Hello, I am wondering if there is anyone else out there, who has not had knives that wre paid for, but not delivered by steve corkum? I have quite a few knives that have been paid for 3 to 5 years ago, however I have not seen most of them. Steve has promised me many times that he would finally make good on the orders, but has so far lied to me. Also, does anyone have an e-mail address, or a postal address for JerryVan Cook,so that I can ask his advice? Thanks.

I am late to the game, but Steve has several thousand dollars of mine since early the 2000s. Like everyone else, he has made all kind of promises to fulfill my order but never has. I have given up trying. I do keep an eye open at blade shows and such for him.
I have contemplated going to his place of residence. If anyone ever decides to go, let me know and I will come along.
Is he still in business???

Back