• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

IT seems this thread and the one about Jenseneliteblades deserve to be stuck at the top !

Both Deserve whatever they have coming to them !

I sincerly hope this @$$ gets whats coming to him. He is a disgrace to the knife community. NO ONE should purchase anything associated with him at all........from secondary sources or not......let the inventory sit on their shelves to rot !!! Then maybe they will stop ordering his items too.....

Tazz

the attorney general told me there was nothing they could do or would do they said he had filed bankruptcy and it was out of there hands but what i do not understand is i have a judgement aginst corkum that as far as i know was filed before he filed bankrupcty seems too me that if he filed bankruptcy his attorney or estate should set up a payment plan with the legal claims filed aginst him before the bankrupcty

the attorney general told me there was nothing they could do or would do they said he had filed bankruptcy and it was out of there hands but what i do not understand is i have a judgement aginst corkum that as far as i know was filed before he filed bankrupcty seems too me that if he filed bankruptcy his attorney or estate should set up a payment plan with the legal claims filed aginst him before the bankrupcty

if he filed for bankruptcy and received a discharge, then your judgment against him is gone

correct rifon but ya have to present the court with all debts to be erased and the court contacts ya so ya can write it off i presume but if he didnt file this particular debt it would still be valid.

i assume brian was not contacted by fed court, correct?

he might have just forgot about it and it wasnt on the list.

i know he should have been contacted.

also chapter 7 doesnt erase all debts anymore as of oct 05 IIRC the law changed. IIRC ya are put on a payment plan via the court and debtees get some $$ back, & its not pennies on the $$ either, could take a while though.

good luck to ya guys though,

i presume but if he didnt file this particular debt it would still be valid.

right.

also chapter 7 doesnt erase all debts anymore as of oct 05 IIRC the law changed. IIRC ya are put on a payment plan via the court and debtees get some $$ back, & its not pennies on the $$ either, could take a while though.

true; although we don't know when he filed.
You went into this with a little more depth than I did, but you're right of course.

good luck to ya guys though,

Ditto, for sure.

So, he filed for bankruptcy. I sure hope that this will be remembered if he ever makes another foray into the knifemaking profession. Actually, I'm not sure he isn't out there trying to sell knives right now. If he is still making knives, hopefully nobody is purchasing them.

Brian, did you deal with him over the Internet? If so, you might be able to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center )http://www.ic3.gov/) ..."The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations."

I gues those on BB who paid Blade up front and recieved nothing get shafted by his bancruptcy filing, correct?

Since Steve Corkum is a very known knifemaker, it is good to keep a thread like this near the top. Maybe a few less people will get screwed over if they read what has been posted here.

I'm really sorry to hear this about Steve Corkum. I purchased one of his early works (a small fixed blade shobu) & it was really nice & had a beautiful hamon (I've since sold it). I actually met him once & he seemed nice enough. I guess maybe he had some financial problems, but that's no excuse for taking people's money though.

Back