• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

STOLEN KNIVES ALERT: Ken Onion

Ken Onion, knife-jacked at an airport? How can someone be stupid enough to steal another mans master peices? I bet they'll be pawned or end up on the open market within the next year, I feel sorry for Ken and the idiot that took them, but how does TSA allow this kind of stuff to happen?

Ken Onion, knife-jacked at an airport? How can someone be stupid enough to steal another mans master peices? I bet they'll be pawned or end up on the open market within the next year, I feel sorry for Ken and the idiot that took them, but how does TSA allow this kind of stuff to happen?

This happened in 2006.....I don't think anyone has repoted seeing any on the open market.

Welcome to BF!

Ken Onion, isn't he the famous knife maker? Well, that sucks. I bet someone had no clue what exactly they have in their possession but I would assume they will never show up again. What about airline security cameras? Surely they have the security cameras that caught the dude in the act. I would guess they will assist in this but again your at the mercy of the airport.

Ken Onion, isn't he the famous knife maker? Well, that sucks. I bet someone had no clue what exactly they have in their possession but I would assume they will never show up again. What about airline security cameras? Surely they have the security cameras that caught the dude in the act. I would guess they will assist in this but again your at the mercy of the airport.

This was in 2006 btw...

Did this theft occur in Hawaii? I sometimes wondered if it was part of the U.S.

I'm traveling soon and I plan to only travel with one or two small folders wrapped in some dirty underwear.

Did this theft occur in Hawaii? I sometimes wondered if it was part of the U.S.

I'm traveling soon and I plan to only travel with one or two small folders wrapped in some dirty underwear.

Remind me not to buy anything with tan or brown scales from you.:D.

Maybe it was a collector or evens a bag person, I would hate to see those being sold for cheap at a pawn shop because the dealer doesn't know jack about custom knives

They will steal watches from you when you take them off to go through a metal detector

Last edited:
When I'm traveling with something valuable, I NEVER let the airlines or TSA anywhere near it. I send it UPS, and insure it for full value. When they know it's insured they are very unlikely to steal it because they know it's very likely their own boss will catch them and nail their hide to the barn.

Try to convince a Hawaiian of that. In international sufing, they don't compete as Americans, but as Hawaiians.

That really sucks. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy either. What goes around comes around.

Try to convince a Hawaiian of that. In international sufing, they don't compete as Americans, but as Hawaiians.
Ken is actually a native South Carolinian.He just transplanted to HI! :)
I was wondering if any resolve ever came from this old thread?

Had to be one of the employee's working for the Airlines, Security or one of the contracting types supporting the airport. Shameful, and in many families in today's society, "stealing" is an acceptable income generating method. Public executions need to become common and plentiful.

Good idea. Wrap 'em inside and leave some skid marks exposed on the outside! :D

I have seen these beautiful knives in the summer 2008. I'm not sure any of them are still there, but they were in a small jewerly store located in Snohomish, WA
on Avenue D. I believe they were selling for around $800-$1400 a piece.

I have seen these beautiful knives in the summer 2008. I'm not sure any of them are still there, but they were in a small jewerly store located in Snohomish, WA

You should contact Mr. Onion and the Snohomish, WA police dept. with the exact location and time that you saw them so that they can contact the jeweler who must have a record of how he obtained them.

Well spotted Michele:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I am sure Ken Onion or his representative would love the exact location so it can be followed up with the appropriate action.

Back