Strip the black clip? Etching stainless steel?

Anyone have a picture of a stripped Benchmade clip?

I think I want to strip my BM deep carry clip and I'm hoping it has the same stonewashed finnish the Spyderco clips has. But if it doesn't and have like a shiny polished finnish I think I might like the black coating better..

:confused:

I'm also really interested in this. I've been debating on whether or not just to try it with my deep carry clip. I want the clip to match the stonewashed blade on my mini Ritter. I think it'd really set it off.

I don't have a pic but have a couple of stripped clips and they are shiny. I'm out of town at the moment so can't snap a pic. Sorry.

Reactions: 353
Can't you request silver deep carry request? One I have from a knife I bought aftermarket is either stripped or was from the factory like that. The last time I requested a couple from BM I requested black and silver and received only black. Not sure if it was a mix-up in shipping or if they just don't have silver. @Benchmade can you confirm?

If you can't stonewash the clip yourselves, try asking BKC to send you one already to go from the Alias knife line. I got one perfectly matching my s'washed Ritter grip's blade.

Reactions: 353
NiarAXy.jpg

Done with 320 grit sandpaper and paint stripper.

Last edited:
Thanx guys, think I'm gonna try the strip and sandpaper method, looks stonewashed to me!

I also contacted BM about sending me a coated arrow clip and a set of omega springs(just in case) and I must say I was impressed by the service. Every mail they sent me ended with: "Please let me know if you need anything else!"

Outstanding, makes me use my 556-1 with confidence.

:cool:

Thanx guys, think I'm gonna try the strip and sandpaper method, looks stonewashed to me!

I also contacted BM about sending me a coated arrow clip and a set of omega springs(just in case) and I must say I was impressed by the service. Every mail they sent me ended with: "Please let me know if you need anything else!"

Outstanding, makes me use my 556-1 with confidence.

:cool:
They're sending you Omega springs? How? I thought they didn't want people messing around with those anymore.

They're sending you Omega springs? How? I thought they didn't want people messing around with those anymore.

I asked and she said yes. Didn't know there was an issue with sending those?

Last edited:
Yeah I appreciate the responses too, and the OP for asking the question that's been on my mind since I got my mini Ritter, haha. Thanks.

I asked and she said yes. Didn't know there was an issue with sendig those?
Do you live in the US? I know they send them outside of the US. I would love them to send me a few sets.

Do you live in the US? I know they send them outside of the US. I would love them to send me a few sets.

I live in Norway.

Nice of them to have some mercy on us outsiders! Another star to Benchmade from me. :thumbsup:

They are merciful toward owners who live overseas and have a heck of a time sending a knife in. If you live in the US, you have to send your knife in. It's just a small flat rate priority box, after all.

They are merciful toward owners who live overseas and have a heck of a time sending a knife in. If you live in the US, you have to send your knife in. It's just a small flat rate priority box, after all.
That's very nice of them. The thought of having a few extra pairs of Omega springs is something I dream of.

stonewashing is easy to do, so just strip it and then stonewash it.

What's your preferred method? A plasic bottle filled with rock and some water or something?

I know I've read about something like that a long time ago, but the details is blurred..

I used a copper penny to scrape the paint off the clip.

Don't use the new bi metal pennys.
It will scratch the metal.

Back