Suggestions for styles, materials, batches?

I do a lot of custom work- it may account for 70% of my output. I do like to spend a decent amount of my time making knives on spec though, to my own specifications. If you have any suggestions about what you'd like to see me incorporate in materials, design, whatever, please post here. All contributions are welcome.

Hey I think you material selection is pretty refined, blade and handle, but I would love to see some texturing from you. Maybe simple pique work, or patterned filing in a handle slab, checkering, maybe a small touch of filework now and again. Of course once I have the money I'm sure you would love to do something like this!

You said all contributions, I'm pretty vocal with knife opinions, good or bad, and I really like the cleanliness of your work, but sometimes it appears a little too sterile, to me.

-Xander

Xander, thanks for the input. I totally get the "too clean" thing, there are actually makers out there that even I think are clean to the point of sterility. Here's a pic of something more textured I did lately, messing around with a ball-end burr. And, I'm working on teaching myself to engrave- I'll really be elated when I feel like a have a knife with good enough engraving to post for sale.

IMG_9041.JPG

Back