Super polished edges

Kizer Sovereign Tang.jpg
A great flipper on washers. Mirror polished the washers. Now every bit as smooth, fast and solid as my Slyze Bowie at a fraction of the price. VG10 blade took a razor edge it holds nicely.

Last edited:
View attachment 706540
A great flipper on washers. Mirror polished the washers. Now every bit as smooth, fast and solid as my Slyze Bowie at a fraction of the price. VG10 blade took a razor edge it holds nicely.

Dude I have that exact same blade and it's sooo smooth after its broken in! Seems to take and hold a great edge too!

Yep, Kizer knocked it out of the park with this one. I love this knife.

This special version of the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 in CPM-M4 steel & carbon fiber is in use with a Dutch knife forum member.
A small fraction of the tip had broken off and the apex sustained some damage (see pic 3)
This is how the knife looked before sharpening.
You can click 2 X on each pic for more detail.

After sharpening.
First i ground the old apex flat on the Tormek Blackstone until all damage in the apex was gone & there was a new point.
Then i made a new edge with 15 micron diamond compound on a Paper Wheel, which was then refined with 6, 3, and 1 micron diamond compound on dedicated Paper Wheels to a full mirror.
The new edge measures 30 degrees inclusive and is hairwhittling sharp.
You can click 2 X on each pic for more detail.

Last edited:
CRK Ti-Lock...

7BojIKo.jpg

gcQKCPv.jpg

To be honest I find that when I polish my edge on my Inkosi to almost mirror levels the cutting performance seems to stop. When I use my medium grit stones it seems to cut a lot better. What's the deal?

I don't seem to have this problem on my other knives just my Inkosi.

I love the 3" XM18 Wharnie. I've had two before this one and always regretted selling them. They've gotten scarce now, but I managed to pick one up from a good fella who basically threw in almost an entire set of blue anodized hardware to boot. I ordered the missing blue filler tab and handle nuts immediately and everything arrived all at once today.

VGGO4Wi.jpg

7GJlbTu.jpg

And just for fun some different glamour shots of the edge:

7WZEmTu.jpg

sDWXtIy.jpg

Back