Survival knife ?

:DI agree, and think that's even been made clear in previous comments and references, more than once, in this forum.

I heard he was going to name it Bob:confused:

If he names it the Bob, there will be an endless confusion and unquenchable rumors that it has something to do with a bug out bag, or a battery operated boyfriend and before you know it we will be wishing it was called the Fluffer.

Back to the look of the knife, lol. There have been a few requests for images of the yet-to-be-introduced knife. I get the feeling that a goodly number of people haven't bothered to read or review pages 10 through 14.

I'm of the understanding, based on Lorien's comments about small differences, that the knife should look quite a bit like some images you will find on those pages, and it's one helluva piece! I know I'll want more than one!

Mat,

If you must have a gimmicky save your but kinda knife that has a whistle, flint & ferro rod, compass, fishing line, fishing hooks and more all built in they already exist.

that's a goddamn great idea. I wonder if something could be incorporated into the sheath- maybe a tiny whistle sandwiched between the kydex which doubles as a drain hole. When the shit hits the fan, play the sheath flute! Someone/thing is bound to find you...

^^^ First :D

Awesome :thumbsup:

P.S. I think Lorien has it in him to sachet down the hand modeling and fashion runways, in case this knife design thingy of his bores him or sumpthin!

Having also held the very, very, very near equivalent to this knife, I can tell you it is fantastic.

Here is an image of an LC, FK, Shiv and the earlier iteration (Nathan-tested) of this knife, that bears the rainbow colors (in fuller) discussed much earlier in this thread, but with update changes incorporated into the current piece:

large.jpg

Last edited:
Lorien thanks for the video. Nathan please make more than 20 of these. These are gonna fly like a kite. The handle looks much nicer than on the LC, thickness is awesome, and the high/weird grind looks very appealing. Should make for a great slicer, chopper, and just about anything else, besides maybe a neck knife.

I think the Fluffer looks like the LC and the FK had a baby. I bet it will be a winner. Gotta get me one or two.

For each hand. And one for the wife, and kids, and backups of course.

That's one hell of a knife! It does look like a combination of the FK and LC. I need to have 2 of that.
Nathan please do make a pre-order offering of that. I always miss out on those Friday sales, work gets in the way.

Thanks for the video! Yeah, I would love to see a pre order on this bad boy.

Yeah we'll do a pre-order at some point, but should I do a preorder before there have been any made and sold? It seems a little early to start selling something that isn't more established. What if you change your mind? Unlike other folks who do preorders, ours are non-refundable and no changes, otherwise it gets too much for me to handle. Given that constraint do you think it's early to start a pre-order?

Yeah we'll do a pre-order at some point, but should I do a preorder before there have been any made and sold? It seems a little early to start selling something that isn't more established. What if you change your mind? Unlike other folks who do preorders, ours are non-refundable and no changes, otherwise it gets too much for me to handle. Given that constraint do you think it's early to start a pre-order?

If you're honestly asking, I think there are enough people that so badly want your work that you won't have anyone changing their minds. People that do can simply sell them once they come if they aren't happy. Myself, I'll pay you for 2 today as long as I can have one natural micarta and one Terotuf. Roughly how long do you think until there is a finished product ready to ship? As long as you don't do what SURVIVE! did and make it take a year or longer wait when you have our money you'll be ok.

Back