Survival knife ?

Justin, we're almost all potty mouthed (with the exception of a handful who are always complete Gents, Lorien not being one!) on here from time to time and in fact this is what makes it fun to banter and act somewhat juvenile from time to time (looking at self in the mirror for most often completely acting in contrast to my own "ripe" age!). I'm not going to speak for Lorien, but I don't think you offended anyone. Now let's get these in the wild and then scream atop of our collective lungs: Yipee-Ki Yay, Mutter Fudger!

I am :poop: mouthed. Fluffer :eek: . Blood groove :oops: . Muhahaha :mad: ... (Note to Lorien: Please, please don't remove me from the LCK/NASK queue :confused:) :)

^^^ this is the most excited and expressive I've ever seen him after getting to know him for an entire of all three weeks! :D

The Fluffer NASK is going to kick ass.:eek:

It will be the LHK (large hunting knife) to me though.:)

I apologize Lorien. It was a pottty humour name made with reference to a combination of the early threads regarding your commentary and reference to the source (Loveless quote) of your handle designs, and an analogy about how excited everyone has been kept about this design. It was never meant to be disrespectful.

I won't make the reference again.

it's not a problem, dude.

I have a name in mind for this knife, and it's currently being discussed at the management level ;)

IMHO, this knife will have a great name. It's gonna be a classic. I just noticed on the pre-order that the list has gone way long, more than what Nathan allowed, which was initially only 40 (correct me if I'm wrong).
I feel lucky that I made it on that list! CPK knives are very sought after that even popular knife makers would wanna get on the list of either Friday sales or pre-order. A testament of how good a product is.

A LA original or something from the suggestion thread?

I don't remember seeing it there, but there were a ton of great ideas getting thrown out there, so I wouldn't be surprised either way

IMHO, this knife will have a great name. It's gonna be a classic. I just noticed on the pre-order that the list has gone way long, almost twice more than what Nathan had originally estimated to allow for, which was initially only 40 (correct me if I'm wrong).
I feel lucky that I made it on that list! CPK knives are very sought after that even popular knife makers would wanna get on the list of either Friday sales or pre-order. A testament of how good a product is.

A minor correction of that sentence in your post, nevertheless a great testament to how well and greatly Nathan / Jo (must always mention Jo graciously if you don't want to open your Carothers box and get attacked by your enclosed Carothers!) take care of their customers. You are right as the original allowed estimate was for 40 which at my last count went over twice as many. Even with some additions and subtractions before getting invoiced, this one would go over by 100%. Great thing that Nathan / Jo went to the bank recently and got some $dough$ for that new machine ;)

A minor correction of that sentence in your post, nevertheless a great testament to how well and greatly Nathan / Jo (must always mention Jo graciously if you don't want to open your Carothers box and get attacked by your enclosed Carothers!) take care of their customers. You are right as the original allowed estimate was for 40 which at my last count went over twice as many. Even with some additions and subtractions before getting invoiced, this one would go over by 100%. Great thing that Nathan / Jo went to the bank recently and got some $dough$ for that new machine ;)

So, is there an official name for this knife, NASK? Fluffer?

My invoice said NASK, I figure that is the unofficial name for now or is it?!?

So they say ROUGHLY 3 months for the NASK. I was just thinking of how awesome it would be to be using it for 4th of July weekend! Let us pray and leave the good folks at CPK alone so they can get them finished lol

^^^ Blade 2017 is coming up for them in less than 4 weeks. I am certain that currently there is no production version of this "NASK" but some would be ready for Blade to be displayed and for sale on the Carothers' display table. I don't think that we will see any Friday sale featuring NASK before then, but that's just an educated guess because of everything which Nathan had alluded to be going on with the expansion.

He may surprise us with another already discussed pattern before Blade, but I'm just purely speculating. I think that we may see a Friday sale thread for the NASK before 4th of July but to think that I may be receiving my pre-orders by July 4th would be extremely optimistic. That said, if Jo is taking notes I ought to let her know that a fortnight thereafter, my BD will be on the 18th :D

Since Nathan stated 3 months, I have no reason to doubt him! As mentioned above everybody is preparing for Blade, so my guess is these will not start shipping until Mid-August (Speculation only) only Nathan and Jo know for sure! :thumbsup:o_O

Most likely, the crate full of the 3V goodness from the photo Nathan had posted a couple of days ago (re-posted below) is going to satiate some of the NASK production units for future Fridays and also the pre-order list. So to allow for the set up of their machinery for the final cut aka the production version, then heat treat which onto itself will be a process to gain desired optimization and then the processes of grinding, stone wash / tumbling followed by sharpening before cleaning, handle scales fit and finish, all before scheduled shipment pretty much explains that 3 months period which Nathan had mentioned.

Some of the units heading to Blade Show (I'm just speculating) may be ahead of this curve but who know as to how many, perhaps half a dozen or so... Some of us the twitchy trigger types not visiting Blade 2017 may get a chance for landing some of those bellwethers in late June, early July :thumbsup:

8.jpg~original

Anybody else ridiculously excited to see these still? I've been scratching lines in my basement wall like Tom Hanks in Castaway counting the days.

I'm almost like a child counting down the sleeps till Christmas...

Hopefully will get to handle a nask prototype at Blade. Don't know if that will tide me over until they get made or just make the wait worse.:confused:

I'll bring one, it will be under the table you'll have to ask about it.

Yeah, I'm champing-at-the-bit on these too. This pattern is one of the reasons we acquired the Mori VMC. Now we're going through some growing pains re-situating the shop but we'll be back to full speed after the show.

Back