Survive! EDC-4 sheath pics??

schmittie

Gold Member
Kiah, there is quite a buzz about the new Survive! knives by Guy. I hear you are the man for a sheath. I know I really like the Fiskars sheath you made. It's my favorite kydex sheath to date. Is it ok to ask about details on what you plan on making available for the edc-4? Standard sheath options and anything extra would be nice to see a little more of. I really hope this other run makes it this year....

Thanks!

We settled on doing them all in pink with purple loops or vice versa. Guy wanted to paint ponies on 'em but I had to draw a line somewhere. :p

The sheaths that will be available from SURVIVE! are gonna be somewhat standardized. Black, OD, and Coyote 2-piece with a high or kinda low split loop and slots. May be occasional one-offs every now and then. I didn't snap any pics on the first batch, but there's some up on the SURVIVE! site and Facebook page and I've got a few more to do for Guy and individuals Tomorrow when I finish up the first GSO-5.1 sheaths, so I'll take a couple of those. If you're ordering directly from me, then it can be set up however you like (except in the digi-cam as it's all gone).

We settled on doing them all in pink with purple loops or vice versa. Guy wanted to paint ponies on 'em but I had to draw a line somewhere. :p

So wait, this is how I find out I'm NOT getting ponies stenciled on my sheaths? :p

You're right. Getting the plotter and airbrush set up now. :eek:

Pinkie_Pie_dancing_to_Fluttershy_singing_her_Zecora_song.gif

Hahaha! Ok, on a more serious note, here are some photos of Kiah's EDC-4 sheaths that he's done so far. They are really slick.

mounted to molle.jpgpancake line up.jpgsheath and base clip.jpg

Very nice, I expect no less of the man :thumbup: I've got to say, I'm liking the look of the EDC-4. Great blade profile, nice thickness and saber grind compromise, small sharpening choil only, solid steel in a seemingly good RC range, nice tip centering, solid handle design and materials...overall a very dependable, solid, utilitarian looking knife. Very nice. I'm going to have to pick one up sometime :thumbup:

ETA: The optional bow-drill divot is a nice touch as well!

Hahaha! Ok, on a more serious note, here are some photos of Kiah's EDC-4 sheaths that he's done so far. They are really slick.

Thanks, Guy. Slipped my mind.

Very nice, I expect no less of the man :thumbup: I've got to say, I'm liking the look of the EDC-4. Great blade profile, nice thickness and saber grind compromise, small sharpening choil only, solid steel in a seemingly good RC range, nice tip centering, solid handle design and materials...overall a very dependable, solid, utilitarian looking knife. Very nice. I'm going to have to pick one up sometime :thumbup:

ETA: The optional bow-drill divot is a nice touch as well!

Thanks, Russ.

It's a really nice knife. The handles on the EDC-4 and the GSO-5.1 are probably the most comfortable I've found for my hand. Even more than my beloved #2 and #106.

I figured that's what you meant, just wasn't sure:thumbup: With all the Moras I have and had, I've never tried the traditional barrel shaped ones... I should pick up a #2.

I figured that's what you meant, just wasn't sure:thumbup: With all the Moras I have and had, I've never tried the traditional barrel shaped ones... I should pick up a #2.

I didn't care for the wood handles when I first tried them, but they had all been #1s or derivatives and just didn't fit me. Once I handled a #2, I preferred them over the plastic (though I picked up a "Fire Knife" recently which is pretty neat). I've got a slightly used #612 with your name on it. Let me know if your addy's changed.

Haha, nope, addy's the same. But don't worry about it, or hold onto it until I ship you my NWA. I'm loving my F1 sheath so much, I want to deck my NWA out the same way :)

Mr Kiah, in one of Guy's videos he shows a sheath I believe you made. It had a kydex firesteel loop that fit in the center of the face of the sheath instead of the typical loop sticking out to the side. The firesteel even looked to have a kydex handle with a lanyard hole. I really liked the idea. Is it all your creation? I ordered a sheath with my new GSO 4.1. Is that firesteel setup something I could order from you after the first of the year?

Mr Kiah, in one of Guy's videos he shows a sheath I believe you made. It had a kydex firesteel loop that fit in the center of the face of the sheath instead of the typical loop sticking out to the side. The firesteel even looked to have a kydex handle with a lanyard hole. I really liked the idea. Is it all your creation? I ordered a sheath with my new GSO 4.1. Is that firesteel setup something I could order from you after the first of the year?

That was actually a prototype sheath, done by Paradex Tactical. It was a neat idea, although not ambidextrous and the rod was a little cumbersome, due to slight interference with the guard bulge on the sheath above it. Not a bad concept at all, don't get me wrong. Just not what I was looking for in an OEM style sheath. It limited some future ideas I have for sheath add on's and options.

Like Guy said, that one wasn't mine. You can order one like that though, I've done a few. The guard bulge does get in the way if the FS goes straight up, but if it's extended across the sheath and angled it works well, if a little bulky.

Will get back to you on your email later Tonight or Tomorrow. Got a few to sort through.

Any chance you have some WIP pics you could share of the current GSO 4.1 sheaths? I'm really excited to get this whole package. I thing your sheaths and Guy's Survive knives are an unbelievable combo.

Any chance you have some WIP pics you could share of the current GSO 4.1 sheaths? I'm really excited to get this whole package. I thing your sheaths and Guy's Survive knives are an unbelievable combo.

I'll get some posted Tomorrow when I get the clips finished.

Bro, I got my sheath and knife yesterday. I gotta say: "WOW!! I can't believe the combo I just got!" This sheath is an incredibly executed piece of gear and a very nice compliment to the GSO 4.1. Thanks for all your trouble, headaches and frustration that must have been involved in creating this quantity of sheaths for a production knife. I am very impressed. I don't see any evidence of corners being cut and this is certainly an extremely well made and thought out package. Thanks bro!!
393E1498-B876-4B3F-9D37-CEF0A9ED0CE3-6299-000006A1E9A192F1.jpg

Back