Survivors: other knives you like

The one with Mammoth Tooth handle was a Busse LE Badger Atac and the guys at Custom Shop did an amazing job on that one . Unfortunately i do not own the knife anymore . Now the second one which I still own is a Busse NMFSH ( Nuclear Meltdown Fusion Steel Heart ) Made the same at Busse Custom Shop with a gorgeous harpoon style spine .

The one with Mammoth Tooth handle was a Busse LE Badger Atac and the guys at Custom Shop did an amazing job on that one . Unfortunately i do not own the knife anymore . Now the second one which I still own is a Busse NMFSH ( Nuclear Meltdown Fusion Steel Heart ) Made the same at Busse Custom Shop with a gorgeous harpoon style spine .

The variety of custom features really is staggering! Thanks for the extra information. I love the look and materials of each of those blades.

Also thanks for spelling out the entirety of the model names. I still get a bit lost, but having the alphabet soup written out is a very good start for me :thumbup:

Preordered an ESEE 6 HM today, very much looking forward to it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That new 6 looks downright comfy! Seems to be a perfect candidate for stripping and a hot vinegar bath!!

Nice looking Busse!!

Looks like my modded rt on steroids.

RC6HMnd.jpg

What does that HM stand for? I have never been too fond of that black cerakoting (or whatever that it is called) but I bet that with some careful stripping and vinegar dipping, it could be a gorgeous and impressive "cheaper" roster knife. I may want to wait to see the results before I dive into a Lionsteel T5! Hmmm!

I want to say HM is for handle modification, but I feel like it's something I could be very wrong about.

I really like the style of that ESEE, but I wish it had something, anything between the handle and the edge of the blade.

Thats what it means! I looked it up. After using the LT Wright Northern hunter I have really started to like handles shaped like the HM6 and the Northern Hunter

That reminds me of the one on the left. Super comfortable.

If I didn't already have knives coming out of my ears I'd probably give that esee a serious look.

That reminds me of the one on the left. Super comfortable.

If I didn't already have knives coming out of my ears I'd probably give that esee a serious look.

Nearly a dead ringer for that Wilson :thumbup: I agree on the handle comfort, the one I posted above is the most comfortable of any knife I own. My daughter has been trying to get it from me for a long time, so I may have to see if one of the 3 or 4 hms work for her.

IMG_0020.jpg
Just ordered my first two Survive! knives, so hopefully soon I can add them to the lineup.

Very cool, ATJ! On my phone the pic is pretty small, also I lead a very sheltered life. If you get a chance I'd love to see a written list of what you have!

I live on a farm, and use those more than my folders. They are my tools in battle against bamboo and blackberries that spread like weeds. Along with countless other growth and other tasks.

Pictured:
C3 knives 3V machete
Unknown custom machete my dads Vietnam buddy made him when they got back. That thing is tough as nails, holds a great edge too.
C3 knives slimline 3V machete. He through in a free 4.5 inch 3V fixed blade for me to test. Very cool of him.(not pictured)
Robert Martin at Tearsofthesword 3V slimline machete. My favorite by far! Puts the T in Tough!! I ordered another non-tanto which should be here this month. He also threw in a free smaller fixed blade on the house, which is awesome of him. Great guy! Does full customs.
Carothers Delta 3V light chopper. great chopper.
Schrade 7 inch Frontier. Best knife you can get for under 30 bucks. Amazing deal for the money, very well made with a great HT!
Bradford knives Guardian 6
Carothers Delta 3V Field knife

Not listed
Busse AK47 INFI machete/sword
SW custom shop INFI Ratmandu
Just ordered a Factory 2nd 4.1 and 7/7. Don't know how long factory 2nds take, but will be my first Survive! knives!
other machetes not listed
That is it....So far.

IMG_6298.JPG IMG_6349.JPG I just received a Blackfeather Woodsman from one of my clients that I've done a lot of work for.
It's an impressive build in O1 steel with barbwire micarta scales and orange liners.

^^^ Very bushcrafty akin to the older Blind Horse knives which also utilized O1 steel, but I dig the contoured handle scales on this knife much more :thumbsup:

Back