Survivors: other knives you like

This Wander Tactical megalodon has been on my mind a lot lately. They're an Italian company and this model encapsulates my love of tall blades and long handles much like the Fiddleback Forge camp knife pictured below it.

Does anyone here have any experience with Wander Tactical? WLK01BEn.jpg Screenshot_20170509-143837.jpg

You should get one of those and let us know Matt! Also, if you keep flirting with that camp knife, you're going to end up owning one :p;)

This Wander Tactical megalodon has been on my mind a lot lately. They're an Italian company and this model encapsulates my love of tall blades and long handles much like the Fiddleback Forge camp knife pictured below it.

Does anyone here have any experience with Wander Tactical? View attachment 706578 View attachment 706579
It looks interesting and all, but I'd personally spend another $60 and get that Fiddleback Camp Knife.
D2 is great and all, but I'm a sucker for 3v from a highly reputable company.
Just my 2cents.

That megalodon is too tactical for me. :)
Like I always say "if you're not tactical, you're nothin'!".

You should get one of those and let us know Matt! Also, if you keep flirting with that camp knife, you're going to end up owning one :p;)
Dude, that is the truth. If I can't get over it I should probably get it! If I get either of those knives, you'll hear it here first.

It looks interesting and all, but I'd personally spend another $60 and get that Fiddleback Camp Knife.
D2 is great and all, but I'm a sucker for 3v from a highly reputable company.
Just my 2cents.
3v is king in my opinion and from hearing stories of corrosion and chipping with D2, I'm a little hesitant. The trade off is an exposed pommel (which is really important to me for some reason) and a good kydex sheath..... for $60 less. Decisions, decisions. If I can find $650 worth of change in my couch, I'll just get both.

3v is king in my opinion and from hearing stories of corrosion and chipping with D2, I'm a little hesitant. The trade off is an exposed pommel (which is really important to me for some reason) and a good kydex sheath..... for $60 less. Decisions, decisions. If I can find $650 worth of change in my couch, I'll just get both.
I hear ya. That Dimorphodon looks pretty interesting by them.

I have one of these on the way; LT Wright Sospes.

There isn't many reviews out there yet it ticks a lot of boxes for me and the Genesis is a awesome knife and this is a bigger version of it, kinda.

img_0051.jpg

I have one of these on the way; LT Wright Sospes.

There isn't many reviews out there yet it ticks a lot of boxes for me and the Genesis is a awesome knife and this is a bigger version of it, kinda.

img_0051.jpg
If it's anything like the PSK1, it'll be a great knife. That handle and blade shape looks really promising.
Keep us posted please.

Received this Battle Horse Knives Battlelore this week. This is my first BHK. I am impressed with its fit and finish. Excellent value for the price. Am going to force patina on it before I beat it up.

34569557515_6031f4b75e_k_d.jpg

Wow! That is a serious patina! Are you happy with how it turned out? It will be interesting to see how it looks after some use. Nice work!
I don't hate it but I feel it can be better. I really love how it turned out on my 52100 Millie. This is how I like it.

27419667114_8265920981_k_d.jpg

My wife finished the mustard I used previously and I can't remember what was it. I used a different brand this time and used too much of it. The trick is to go as thin as possible on the mustard so the air can do its magic.

I might use Flitz to lighten the blade a bit or completely remove and redo the patina. Let's see if I can find the time. It's not easy finding "me" time with a highly active 15 months old daughter lol.

The Battlelore is going to be an user. I will report back. First test will be some kitchen tasks.

Don, that looks really nice. Reminds me of damascus almost. Too bad your wife ate all your good patina solution!

I'll look forward to updates :thumbsup:

Could always stick it in an onion and leave it for a bit. I think I remember reading that that works fairly well.

Back