Survivors: other knives you like

America runs on Dunkin'.............. and CPK.

Out of all the knives you've ever had, what do you think your all time favorite is? Can you pick one?

Man that's tough. I can't say I can pick an absolute top favorite because they all play different roles but I could do a Top 5. In no specific order it would be my:

CPK EDC
CPK LC
CPK FK
Sebenza 21
ESEE 6

My EDC and 21 are on me daily no matter what anymore.

View media item 1040View media item 1039Laugh all you like, but my latest acquisition was a Condor Bushlore.
The leather sheath is nice but doesn't have adequate retention, so I bought a custom kydex one and modified it with the "Chiral Kit" hanging hardware.
So, yes, after that I have more invested in the sheath than I do the knife. :)
Yet, it is a very satisfying and functional knife with good ergonomics that I would not be afraid to loan out.
If you are actually going to carry a knife in "mixed company" then it pays to have a decent quality beater.
Who wants to lose a friendship because your buddy decided to break rocks with your pride and joy?

Last edited:
Laugh all you like, but my latest acquisition was a Condor Bushlore.
The leather sheath is nice but doesn't have adequate retention, so I bought a custom kydex one and modified it with the "Chiral Kit" hanging hardware.
So, yes, after that I have more invested in the sheath than I do the knife. :)
Yet, it is a very satisfying and functional knife with good ergonomics that I would not be afraid to loan out.
If you are actually going to carry a knife in "mixed company" then it pays to have a decent quality beater.
Who wants to lose a friendship because your buddy decided to break rocks with your pride and joy?
We need pics :D

I don't own any yet, but I think Condor has a lot of nice stuff.

Fancier Fancier I don't keep friends that would want to chop rocks with a knife but I understand a cheap beater utility blade. My ESEE's and my Mora's are my beaters that I'll lend to just about anybody. My CPK's don't get touched by anybody else but myself for the most part and if I ever receive my new 4.1 and 12 those will be mine for me and nobody else as well.

Fancier Fancier I don't keep friends that would want to chop rocks with a knife but I understand a cheap beater utility blade. My ESEE's and my Mora's are my beaters that I'll lend to just about anybody. My CPK's don't get touched by anybody else but myself for the most part and if I ever receive my new 4.1 and 12 those will be mine for me and nobody else as well.
Same.
I let a friend cut a zip tie with my FK and it came back with a roll on the tip. Apparently cutting on a steel table was ok by him.

Same.
I let a friend cut a zip tie with my FK and it came back with a roll on the tip. Apparently cutting on a steel table was ok by him.

The apprentice on my job the other day arced out the tip real bad on his welder. He's like "let me see that knife". I wanted to choke him and he hadn't even done anything to it yet. I said "dude you don't cut f'in metal with a knife!".. his response was "well why do you have it then?"

The apprentice on my job the other day arced out the tip real bad on his welder. He's like "let me see that knife". I wanted to choke him and he hadn't even done anything to it yet. I said "dude you don't cut f'in metal with a knife!".. his response was "well why do you have it then?"
I'm guessing that kid doesn't know that a $10 set of dikes would make his life easier.
I'm not even a welder and I know better.

^^^that's what MIG pliers or screwdrivers are for! :mad:

My tops bushcrafter kukri 7. This is my go to knife for medium wood processing and one of my most used knifes. It replaces a small hatchet and still can handle the fine work. If im making a fire or camping out you can bet this isnt far.

And my fiddleback forge bushcrafter because it blurs the line between tool and art

[QUOTE="Fancier, post: Laugh all you like, but my latest acquisition was a Condor Bushlore.. :)
Who wants to lose a friendship because your buddy decided to break rocks with your pride and joy?[/QUOTE]
Not laughing. I keep one in my truck or tractor. It's a handy tool, and no fear of losing it

One of my friends has this condor survival tool and i absolutely love playing with it everytime we go camping. Ive came close to pulling the trigger on a bushlore or one of there small hatchets quite a few times

J Joecleo86 Nice kukri! I like the idea of that style of knife, but never got one for myself because the recurve. I can barely sharpen a straight blade, so the recurve is way out of my league. I remember reading some big "survival" book when I was a teenager and the author was a huge fan of kukris for the versatile reasons you mentioned.

I'd argue that Fiddleback is a tool AND art!

Yeah that kukri has forced me to become better at sharpening. I cant get it shaving sharp but it really doesnt need to be. I was showing a few of my brothers friends the basics of making a fire and processing wood with a knife and i gave it to my brother to use. He decided he'd rather hack apart a 2x4 with it. Which wouldve been fine but it was full of nails and chipped the hell out of the blade. After that i had no choice to get better at sharpening haha

Yeah that kukri has forced me to become better at sharpening. I cant get it shaving sharp but it really doesnt need to be. I was showing a few of my brothers friends the basics of making a fire and processing wood with a knife and i gave it to my brother to use. He decided he'd rather hack apart a 2x4 with it. Which wouldve been fine but it was full of nails and chipped the hell out of the blade. After that i had no choice to get better at sharpening haha
OUCH!!! That's pretty good encouragement to get comfortable sharpening. Glad to hear that knife is treating you so well.

Back