Swabbie mods

I grabbed one of the ZK series currently on sale. The Swabbie is a huge blade but suffers (in my opinion) from a serious case of the mall ninja uglies.

After some planning I decided to create a US made parang. I own several Maylasian made parangs which served as a guide.

After about two hours I have this, and I am happy. I only shortened the blade .6 just enough to remove the stabbing point and round the nose.

I'd love to see Kabar produce this exact knife but make it a high saber grind as opposed to the full flat grind it has. Is would be a chopping beast.

IMG_0496.jpg

Compared to a real forged parang

IMG_0497.jpg

Last edited:
For the price, it is a hard deal to pass up! I think your mods are spot on. Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought two zomstro blades too. Trying to make them more user friendly as well.

thanks for the inspiration!

5iZmS0L.jpg

That looks amazing! I've been trying to hold off buying one while they are on sale, but it is tempting.

Dirtbiker Dirtbiker is right. This is the knife KaBar should be making. Props to him. It's really an awesome parang, and for the clearance price of the swabbie and a little elbow grease it's an absolute steal.

Great work guys!
I snagged one but haven't decided to mod or not. So hard when the damn thing is so beautiful and new lol

Great work guys!
I snagged one but haven't decided to mod or not. So hard when the damn thing is so beautiful and new lol

take it out and use it - once it's scuffed up you'll have a better idea of what changes you want to make and a clear conscience as you make them.

Right on, that mod turned a wth blade into a good looken blade for sure. Way to go.

I have a Parangatang and like it. I have been tempted to try a mod like that on the Swabbie but the ENORMOUS ricasso has held me back.

Great mods!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Great work guys!

It might be new, but I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone accuse a Swabbie of being beautiful!

I'm was just thinking of getting a swabbie to make a parang out of it.

Then someone gave me a link to this thread

Think I better buy one and do some grinding

I always wanted Ethan to come out with a Parang

Back