T.A.DAVISON - Slip Joint Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walk Talk and Pull. Here's the thing I notice about Todd's knives. I have three of them now. The pull is a 5 on all three. I could test them blindfolded and would not be able to tell. The walk is identical throughout the whole walk. In other words, the pull stays consistent through the whole travel. The half stop is solid and then the walk resumes exactly as it was to a nice snap open or closed. It's really something you have to experience. I think this must be a sign of a great maker. Just thought I would pass this on. Buy with confidence from Todd. It doesn't get a whole lot better.

I have a knife made by Joe Allen which is as good, and really beautiful. Joe only makes a few and they are harder to get your hands on.

My 2 cents.

#1497 landed in my mailbox today. Another stunner, Todd. Thanks.
1_zps7pj43wkm.jpg~original

2_zpsbazac1qu.jpg~original

3_zpsap90vfpl.jpg~original

4_zpsrbzzzyet.jpg~original
1497AAA_zpsgii2b22d.jpg~original

Todd is working on #1500

Here is a video I made a few years ago of some of the older knives.

NOTE: Todd was stamping the nail nick in these knives with a chisel he made, now he mills them. (yes he broke a few and had to start over)
He's come a long way, and I've been very fortunate to handle and photograph most all of them.

Todd, I was thinking the black scales are maybe G10, didn't know you use that. And your new one, well that's a home run!

Last edited:
Todd,
HAPPY #1500 GREAT KNIVES.
Your Knives just get BETTER and BETTER, I am looking forward
to seeing what comes after this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back