T5

Love the blade design but I was hoping forba bigger blade

Try the M7 with a 7" blade instead of T5 with a 5" blade. Both have the one-piece handle. LionSteel doesn't currently have a fixed blade with a 6" blade.

No. Only micarta at this moment.

Wheight density of g10 is 1.9/2.0 micarta is 1.35 g.

The more I look at this, the more I like it.

t5_mi.jpg

The end of March is coming up quick! Looking forward to this one becoming available.

Thank you. I'll keep watching then. I checked their website for a list of dealers but was unable to find one.

I'm unfamiliar with Niolox, but I don't see anything about that I don't really, really like. Thanks for posting the vid link biggorillaink.

I just received my pre-order notice form CollectorKnives today and went ahead and placed an order for the satin blade model... It is set to ship tomorrow! I'm really excited, I purchase a cocobolo M4 awhile ago and was wanting to try a slightly longer blade...

I just received my pre-order notice form CollectorKnives today and went ahead and placed an order for the satin blade model... It is set to ship tomorrow! I'm really excited, I purchase a cocobolo M4 awhile ago and was wanting to try a slightly longer blade...

Can you send me a link to this pre-order? I could not find it on their site.

David

Towards the bottom of their website home page "early reserve" click and you'll be there

Looks like he's closed the early reserve. Need to wait now until they're posted to the page

Me Too :) should be here Saturday!

Kudos to you guys for knowing the system :thumbup: I haven't chased LionSteels for very long, but I'm learning :D I hope you will post up a bunch of pictures and thoughts when they come in. Congrats.

Edit: Looks like I scored one from Lamnia. Will be my first purchase with them, but it said 'in stock' so I'm thinking/hoping I'm good.

Last edited:
Kudos to you guys for knowing the system :thumbup: I haven't chased LionSteels for very long, but I'm learning :D I hope you will post up a bunch of pictures and thoughts when they come in. Congrats.

Edit: Looks like I scored one from Lamnia. Will be my first purchase with them, but it said 'in stock' so I'm thinking/hoping I'm good.

I have been keeping a very keen eye on this T5 model by looking at some of your posts on this topic while I was in my "stealth" mode ;)

As I had alluded to on another subforum, although I had changed my mind about getting an M7 about a year or so ago, there were a few things about that model which I had liked. Then came this great looking T5 without the choil and the heft of the M7, plus my preference of its over all aesthetics and the way the blade is more pointed at the tip almost like being a spear point, even if not quite so.

Anyway, I am seriously thinking about ordering one of these from the same place which you have ordered it from. I think that the price is really a no brainer for what is offered as an alternative camping type of knife to the more pricey (other) brands which we are both into. Although I also like the Falkniven S1 which I had also owned in the past as such a "budget" alternative to say the CPK-FK and the GSO-4.7, I think that I would definitely prefer this T5 to the S1 simply because it seems to offer heck of a lot more (better steel, better handle scales, better sheath, better ergos) within the same price range. The glorified S1-Pro series would just be too thick at the stock and too bulbous in addition to losing the "value" factor which I had originally liked about the regular S1.

I will either eagerly await some early impressions or may just go ahead and order a T5 because I'm just like an impatient child!

Back