Tactical fixed.

Шапка-ушанка ... shapka-ushanka.
28dc93538fec.jpg

4695a645a902.jpg

79593e444066.jpg

Pizdets. I love those Yakut knives. They have such a good design amazing to carve wood with. Some say it's even better at woodworking than the infamous pukko.

I wonder how the Yakut knife influenced the Pukko or vice versa. I know the Finka is a Russian take on the pukko type knives and was once popular amongst gangsters. In WWIi the Russian military copies the gangsters Finka knife and put it into service.

I once saw in a documentary these throwing knives made by the Soviet Naval Marines in WWII at their Sevastopol garrison. They were dagger like completely straight and narrow with a spear point blade tip. They had the extended tang identical to those found on Ek knives. Simmilar handles to those Ek daggers too. They were LONG though, they carried multiple on them and practiced throwing and fighting with them. These throwing knives were the type that would be just as home as a fighting knife.

Show me, please, this Sevastopol dagger. This switchblade knife was found near Sevastopol with other military artifacts WW2. And this Finka of Marines who liberated the Crimea from the Germans. Both items in my collection ...
1ffb85b5c24d.jpg

7aee62665d4e.jpg

Must be a fun collection, holding a knife and especially a historic one is a link to the time, place and people associated with the gestalt of the age and purpose. You must have been many soldiers through many life-times Makandr, it wouldn't surprise me if you get that resonant response from the various edged artifacts you've amassed. I know that It's true for me and it wouldn't surprised me if that is a common deep but unrecognized reason for our mutual interest.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity", Sigmund Freud. A friend of mine-a collector of weapons says: weapons collection helps me to live or I would have died long ago as many of my peers.
2aaea319081f.jpg

Back