Question Tapatalk

Awe that's bad news. Came here through the regular site since Tapatalk was still down. The best thing about Tapatalk is the fact that it is a repository for multiple forums... and contains all the threads from multiple sites that I am interested in in one quick and easy format. I highly doubt that I will physically open just this forum on my phone's browser on a daily basis. Pretty disappointing.

Would love a dedicated mobile app. Tapatalk worked great for me, would love something similar.

I used Tapatalk a lot. It was a quick and easy way to blast through all the posts in the forum I moderate. I can understand why you don't want to use it now, with the info you've learned.
The new software is still pretty cumbersome on a smartphone or small tablet. Maybe there will be a better alternative for mobile users at some point.

It always amazes me that when forum owners announce they're dropping Tapatalk (and many are) because of security and privacy concerns that users will still complain that it's gone because of how convenient it was.

We live in a digital world. The primary design aspect of any website is to be intuitive.mobile friendly and not have to make users "think". These general concepts are built into most web design. Bulletin boards are a different beast, for example paging backwards once you are in a board will kick you out of that particular board and out into the main directory when using a smart phone. It's a bit of a pain and not intuitive.

No problem, I was never all that fond of Tapatalk myself. Will login over Safari on the iPad, the new software looks good!

No problem, I was never all that fond of Tapatalk myself. Will login over Safari on the iPad, the new software looks good!
Thanks for your support and being open to change!

Every other forum I am a member of uses tapatalk. I haven't posted more then 2 comments since the site revamp. So will we ever have tapatalk back again?

Now that I can upload photos, bye bye tapatalk

I'm with you. Tapatalk bites, as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't surprise me at all that Tapatalk locked/deleted admin complaints. Back when new management converted Tapatalk from a simple, straightforward forum reader to something with way too many bells and whistles, people went apeshit on the Tapatalk forums. Same response then... locked/deleted threads that cast them in a negative light. I stopped using it as a result.

Total bummer about no Tapatalk. The app is far superior to any mobile forum website, and all of my other forums are on Tapatalk, so it's become my centralized focus for web board activities. Please strongly consider having a mobile app developed if you don't plan on supporting Tapatalk.

After a few days of using the new site via iPhone I've found it to be one of the more well suited sites I visit. I do&will miss Tapatalk's auto sizing picture feature. Now I have to make attempts at cropping a pic to get it to fit, that will be a pain, unless there is something I'm missing.

I understand that push notifications were an attractive feature; as soon as there is a reliable & trustworthy alternative I will purchase it and get it enabled.

I think the new forum is a definate upgrade from a browser-based experience. It works pretty well from iPad, but I find it more cumbersome than taptalk from iPhone.

Mostly though, push notifications are desired! I'm probably behind the curve, but when I Googled for info on Sunday, it seems like some push options were available for XenForo, though I'm not savy enough to know if they were practical, reliable, current, plugin, or app based.

If taptalk is dead, Spark, I think lots of us would really like to have an option for push notifications. Congratulations on a successful roll-out of the new interface! :thumbsup:

I can't seem to log in on Tapatalk with new update. Is this just me or are there others with this issue? Let me know if I need to change some settings or something.

Thanks.

John

You are just that special.

Naw, I think the new setup has yet to be integrated with Tapatalk, or else is not compatible.

For me, the privacy issues are a deal breaker but I will also echo those statements of convenience. For mobile users, an app is more convenient than a mobile skin. For now I'm going to delete my tapatalk account and hope there's an alternative sooner rather than later.

It always amazes me that when forum owners announce they're dropping Tapatalk (and many are) because of security and privacy concerns that users will still complain that it's gone because of how convenient it was.

I used TT for posting photos only from my phone.
To do it now photos must be re sized and then show up in thread as thumbnails.

Back