TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

Paul, Can I purchase some of the heavy duty springs for the double clamp?

I had the dreaded bouncing clamp issue too until I added a 1/2 set of HD Springs (one to each clamp).

When I purchased the system I assumed that when I bought them for my double clamps, they would come as a set to replace both springs on both clamps. I was wrong... only got one pair for one of the double clamps. So I put one on the left and one on the right clamp.

I tried to order additional HD Springs too, until I found out that it would cost me $70.00 USD to ship a less than letter sized package. Heck... I paid $70.00 to ship the entire system.

A US distributor is needed badly for Sales and Parts support of the TSPROF K01/K02 etc. What a shame after spending over 800.00 on the system and accessories! Don't get me wrong... I really love the setup.... but the known issue of the weak springs should have been addressed and included on new purchases.

Just gotta say this machine is a beautiful, form follows function, interpretation of a guided sharpening system, and to my eyes worthy of awards!
scottc3

I agree if you bought a machine with the weak springs at least a discount on the new HD springs should have been offered.

I agree if you bought a machine with the weak springs at least a discount on the new HD springs should have been offered.
Although... I had no problem paying another $40.00 or so for the upgraded springs, but I am in no way payingan additional $70.00 to ship a few ounces of parts.

I will have to just buy some sheet spring steel and make my own. If it costs me $200.00 (which I don't think it will)
I really don't care... It's the principal of the matter.

Guys, i understand your displeasure, we can do discounts for you it`s not a problem, but our postal service did not make any discounts.
Soon we will introduce our USA dealer, we already have company to work with, some time for paperwork and we will be ready!

Have a good week everyone and i wish your knife to be razor sharp!

Guys, i understand your displeasure, we can do discounts for you it`s not a problem, but our postal service did not make any discounts.
Soon we will introduce our USA dealer, we already have company to work with, some time for paperwork and we will be ready!

This is great news. Ive been reluctant to order something this expensive from over seas for support reasons.

Been following you guys since I saw Wranglerstars video. Awesome piece of kit. Already have a bazillion edge pro stones stock and shaptons. Just need your amazing sharpener to use them with.

Very good news! I wish you every success with this.

Although... I had no problem paying another $40.00 or so for the upgraded springs, but I am in no way paying an additional $70.00 to ship a few ounces of parts.

I will have to just buy some sheet spring steel and make my own. If it costs me $200.00 (which I don't think it will)
I really don't care... It's the principal of the matter.
Well... until the spring steel sheet arrives. I decided to scavenge the springs from the standard double clamp and put two standard .75mm T springs on each side of the Conical double clamp set. Since the Conical has the same threaded hole as the standard set, I could tighten the clamp with the two allen screws if I need to.

Much more sturdy with no noticeable bouncing. The standard clamp is now spare parts until I cut more springs.

I was going to add photos, but can't seem to be able to upload them.

Paul, would it not be possible to put very small items like springs into a padded envelope and send it out via letter mail?

Paul, would it not be possible to put very small items like springs into a padded envelope and send it out via letter mail?
Hello, little parts will comes in padded envelope of course, but since this is not the documentation, tariff will be higher.

Just placed order for K03. Paul replied that it will be part of end of May shipment.

Edited: As an idea to save shipping costs from Russia for small accessories, could some kind member accumulate a bulk order from other members, front the costs and then get reimbursed + a very small handling charge?

Last edited:
TSPROF Removable table for the K02 arrived today and hoping someone has had experience with it to sharpen hatchets and axes (or anything else for that matter)?

Do I need to make a jig to hold securely to this table?

Should I just do a simpler setup like Wranglerstar did with his Axes or use this table?

TSPROF Removable table for the K02 arrived today and hoping someone has had experience with it to sharpen hatchets and axes (or anything else for that matter)?

Should I just do a simpler setup like Wranglerstar did with his Axes or use this table?
Also... How can I upload photos??? All I see is for a URL to insert a pic.

Tighten the clamps onto the table somewhere near the back. There should be a screw in the middle that goes through the clamp and the one in the back should be under the clamp and lift it up. Mine did not come assembled so I had to figure it out the hard way. These will allow you to flip your axe over and keep it the same distance every time. This will leave one face of the axe on the table so the angle gauge will not be right since the axe will technically be pointing down. Just something to be aware of but it will not affect sharpening as the angle will be the same on both sides.

For knives or other objects you can either clamp them in the clamps or tighten them to the table and push them against the clamps.

Also... How can I upload photos??? All I see is for a URL to insert a pic.

I believe you need at least a basic membership to upload photos directly. Otherwise you need to use a photo hosting service such as Photobucket or Imgur and link them to the forum.

Tighten the clamps onto the table somewhere near the back. There should be a screw in the middle that goes through the clamp and the one in the back should be under the clamp and lift it up. Mine did not come assembled so I had to figure it out the hard way. These will allow you to flip your axe over and keep it the same distance every time. This will leave one face of the axe on the table so the angle gauge will not be right since the axe will technically be pointing down. Just something to be aware of but it will not affect sharpening as the angle will be the same on both sides.

For knives or other objects you can either clamp them in the clamps or tighten them to the table and push them against the clamps.

I believe you need at least a basic membership to upload photos directly. Otherwise you need to use a photo hosting service such as Photobucket or Imgur and link them to the forum.

Trying to visualize the axe pointing down part. Are you removing axe and repositioning it or actually using the rotating mechanism on the K02?
Still a little confused on the positioning on the table.

Regarding uploading photos. I'll have to check out basic membership or Photobucket.

Trying to visualize the axe pointing down part. Are you removing axe and repositioning it or actually using the rotating mechanism on the K02?
Still a little confused on the positioning on the table.

Regarding uploading photos. I'll have to check out basic membership or Photobucket.

Install the table like you would a clamp. Move the 2 little black bars on the table to the back of their slots. Tighten the front screw and loosen the back screw on the black clamp. This will force the back up and tighten them to the table. Now, place the back of your axe head against those clamps and lay the face down on the table. If your axe is too big you may need to remove the black clamps completely and rest the back of your axe against the back of the table.

Since your axe comes to a point and it is not square it will be pointing "down". You would have to put spacers between the axe and table to get it to stick straight out but you do not need to do this.

Once you finish a side you pick up the axe, rotate it, and put it back on the table pressing the back of the axe into the same spot it was before.

Install the table like you would a clamp. Move the 2 little black bars on the table to the back of their slots. Tighten the front screw and loosen the back screw on the black clamp. This will force the back up and tighten them to the table. Now, place the back of your axe head against those clamps and lay the face down on the table. If your axe is too big you may need to remove the black clamps completely and rest the back of your axe against the back of the table.

Since your axe comes to a point and it is not square it will be pointing "down". You would have to put spacers between the axe and table to get it to stick straight out but you do not need to do this.

Once you finish a side you pick up the axe, rotate it, and put it back on the table pressing the back of the axe into the same spot it was before.

Got it.... Basically like an Edgepro method. Thanks so much for the help with this. Much appreciated!! :)

Hello everyone, hope your knifes are razor sharp!

On this week i want to show you our new digital protractor with TSPROF logo

Also, soon i will introduce new clamps, angle gauge and other interesting stuff!
tsprof.com

Good day everyone!

We have reviewed the design of vertical angle bar with gauge for models К01 and K02.
Removed the technological gap between the vertical sleeve and the sturt by modifying the design of the bearing node.
Significantly reduced the backlash and no longer need the sample and setting backlash shaped nut and lock nut.

Back