Tell A Little About Yourself

My name is John Smith, I found JK knives through Blade Forums five years ago. I live about 2 hrs. from John and thought it would be great to support a local knife maker. Turns out John is a real nice guy and I made a lot of friends that are on the forum and attend John's gatherings. I'm an auto mechanic by trade and my hobby's are astronomy and leather custom sheath making. Astronomy gets me out doors which I really enjoy. I'll be taking my annual trip to Gran Quivira, New Mexico soon to enjoy pristine dark skies.
Take care, John S.
DSB_2052_zps944a5ed0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSB_1828A_zps8965a7b8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN5814_zpsbhdthtfx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Absolutely - love those darkmatter leather goods!

IMG_20160522_110148023_HDR.jpg

best

mqqn

Hello, my name is Myke and I am medically retired thanks to contracting C.I.D.P. last June.
I am 59 (60 this year) and happily divorced with no offspring of my own.
I spent thirteen years in the Marine Corps as a GSE mechanic after dropping out of High School, got tired of the military BS and got out and went to work on a fishing boat in Alaska, then worked at a tool sharpening shop for a couple of years grinding Carbide on wood shaping tools.
Then I went to work at a radiator core manufacturing shop for 12 years until they closed due to the economy and cheaper products from china.(F'ing china)
Then I found my last job in 06 with a company that makes industrial Flake Ice Machines and worked there until June of last year.
Now my job is recliner tester, park explorer and seeing to the needs of a cat.:rolleyes:
I share an apt. (non romantically) with a woman that worked for me at the radiator manufacturing shop and the aforementioned cat.(that darned cat)

I love knives of all sorts, especially fixed blades and found JKs give me the best bang for the buck in a knife meant for using.

I also love guns, camping/being out in the woods.

Here I am a few years ago with the original Belt Hawk and an early Hikers Backup.(my first JK purchase)
tiYJsad.jpg

And now with a bit longer beard.
(not my bike)
qeWjlb4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm Braden. I've been married for going on 5 years and have a little 1.5 year old girl. I'm located in NW Tennessee in a rural area. I work at a bank and focus more on ag related lending. Hunting and fishing have always been a big part of my life.

I grew up a big turkey hunter and some deer, both with my mom's dad. When he got sick, I stopped caring about those as much. Duck and dove are all I hunt now.

Fishing has taken over most of my time for the last 10+ years. I progressed from bait, to bass, to tournament bass, to now pretty much entirely fly fishing. Here where I live that's mostly for largemouth bass, aka green trout, and bluegill.

I also try and do 1-2 trips a year to various places for camping and trout fishing.

RMNP Brook Trout

Shot of my buddy from a camping/fishing trip in East TN.

And I'm a knife guy, traditional pocket knives and smaller fixed blades (love B&T styles and EDC blades).

Ohhh...."green trout"....i get it! thanks for that. and, that is a beautiful brookie. :eek: :thumbup: thanks for the intro and pics.

My name is Jeff, but I respond to pretty much anything. I'm 32, not married, no kids, but have an amazing girlfriend that I've been with for four years. I lke guns, motorcycles, knives, cameras, bicycling and working out in that order! Used to work as an automotive tech for 12 years but made a career change. I have a pretty boring job, working in logistics. I live in Carol Stream IL about 45 minutes north of Mr. JK. I landed in the JK forums after reading a few extremely positive reviews from loyal JK customers. Currently awaiting my first order (mud turtle). This sub forum is a great group! Looking forward to John teaching me how to make my own knife in the July class!

Great pics greentrout.
I hadn't heard of bass being referred to as green trout before.(neato)

Welcome Jeff. (jbarsquat):)
Post some pics when you get your JK Class Knife done please.
(hopefully it won't be too mangled.;))

Hello, my name is Myke and I am medically retired thanks to contracting C.I.D.P. last June.
I am 59 (60 this year) and happily divorced with no offspring of my own.
I spent thirteen years in the Marine Corps as a GSE mechanic after dropping out of High School, got tired of the military BS and got out and went to work on a fishing boat in Alaska, then worked at a tool sharpening shop for a couple of years grinding Carbide on wood shaping tools.
Then I went to work at a radiator core manufacturing shop for 12 years until they closed due to the economy and cheaper products from china.(F'ing china)
Then I found my last job in 06 with a company that makes industrial Flake Ice Machines and worked there until June of last year.
Now my job is recliner tester, park explorer and seeing to the needs of a cat.:rolleyes:
I share an apt. (non romantically) with a woman that worked for me at the radiator manufacturing shop and the aforementioned cat.(that darned cat)

I love knives of all sorts, especially fixed blades and found JKs give me the best bang for the buck in a knife meant for using.

I also love guns, camping/being out in the woods.

Here I am a few years ago with the original Belt Hawk and an early Hikers Backup.(my first JK purchase)
047-3.jpg

And now with a bit longer beard.
b9ddcabf-d1ae-4853-b1dc-2cd0505be783.jpg

Looking good, Mykel!

Hi I'm Josh, I'm 16 years old and love high end folding knives (don't worry my parents are in support of my love of knives) I carry a knife to school every day. LOL I'm home schooled. My favorite edc is my CRK inkosi. And I'm just starting to learn how to make knives already have 3 knives under my belt they're pretty crappie but I'm getting better. Well that's all I have to say!

Welcome Josh.
You need to get in on one of John's classes someday.

I found BF doing some research a couple years ago on building a forge and making a few knives.
c207595c4b9050126fea9ea24a63ccaa.jpg

6b34690fddd8baef0d7cbe607441ea21.jpg

I found the JK forum via the MudTurtle pass around, looking forward to it !
I'm a 36 year old farmer in central Louisiana. We have a 4th generation family farm, predominantly sugar cane and rice.
8db0a0ed12560b240bc6ff4aef179be6.jpg

f357bb1cf4d3a9f8ec092ecd003f0248.jpg

0aeead14ab8907abd4fcb3eed9a3f44f.jpg

1d13f5756e7f3fbe16305a318e9d5e4d.jpg

I do some mechanic work.
fdb39b9aae4faac0c11dff99d1cae978.jpg

d557a298b4f6b40bb4b0a9f418429d51.jpg

192bc2d67ea22d3973ad6664968b4ba7.jpg

And wouldn't want to be on this rock without my wife and kids !
6fbc600931c2714cde5a0471b531198c.jpg

617abe86476c5fd7a54dd4f6d968b1ec.jpg

29ed45f6ef7c66970ddd0a9a54ce5ea2.jpg

3254e962bf94fae96405425c2dc31406.jpg

Oh yea I like guns too !
8ddc9b6cda0f8ab94e5b88d90315ae47.jpg

Sent via telegraph by the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

Last edited:
Back