Texans take action!

Murindo

Gold Member
From KNIFE RIGHTS:

Knife Rights' Texas Knife Law Reform Bill, HB 1935, that would repeal the ban on all "illegal knives" in Texas statutes, has been introduced by Representative John Frullo.

HB 1935 would complete Knife Rights' efforts to bring knife freedom to Texas by removing entirely the definition of "illegal knife" in Section 46.01(6) of the Penal Code. This includes the prohibition on double edge blades, Bowie knives and the 5.5-inch carry limit.

Rep. Frullo was honored with Knife Rights' Freedom's Edge Award for his role as sponsor of Knife Rights' Texas Knife Law Preemption Bill that was enacted into law in 2015.

Knife Rights' Texas Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill was enacted in 2013, sponsored by Rep. Harold Dutton.

Texans please contact your state representative and senators and let them know you support this bill.

Also take the time to thank Reps Frullo and Dutton.

I have always thought it was ironic that the Bowie knife was banned in the state where Jim Bowie died at the Alamo.

Go to:

http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/find-your-representative/

Last edited:
From KNIFE RIGHTS:

Knife Rights' Texas Knife Law Reform Bill, HB 1935, that would repeal the ban on all "illegal knives" in Texas statutes, has been introduced by Representative John Frullo.

HB 1935 would complete Knife Rights' efforts to bring knife freedom to Texas by removing entirely the definition of "illegal knife" in Section 46.01(6) of the Penal Code. This includes the prohibition on double edge blades, Bowie knives and the 5.5-inch carry limit.

Rep. Frullo was honored with Knife Rights' Freedom's Edge Award for his role as sponsor of Knife Rights' Texas Knife Law Preemption Bill that was enacted into law in 2015.

Knife Rights' Texas Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill was enacted in 2013, sponsored by Rep. Harold Dutton.

Texans please contact your state representative and senators and let them know you support this bill.

Also take the time to thank Reps Frullo and Dutton.

I have always thought it was ironic that the Bowie knife was banned in the state where Jim Bowie died at the Alamo.

Go to:

http://www.house.state.tx.us/members...epresentative/

The links not working. Looks like you didn't copy the full address, it has the "..." instead of the full address.

http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/find-your-representative/

Texas laws never made any sense to me. They just legalized autos yet they are the biggest state for guns. Literally so easy to get a gun there that's where they smuggle the guns to Mexico. Border control is literally tracking them and then getting shot by them.

Mean while switchblades were a crime lol.

Last edited:
Yes it is likely easier to get a gun but you might be surprised that Texas is more restricted for carry than Florida. If you have a CCW you can carry anything. My CHL limits me to handguns and "legal" knives.

Yes it is likely easier to get a gun but you might be surprised that Texas is more restricted for carry than Florida. If you have a CCW you can carry anything. My CHL limits me to handguns and "legal" knives.

That's what will be "fixed" with this bill.

Actually, according to the literal interpretation of the CHL statute,

IF you have a valid CHL

AND

IF you are carrying a handgun type specified by you CHL

THEN

the illegal weapons section (402, IIRC) DOES NOT APPLY,

therefore legalizing the carry of all said illegal weapons, including dirks, dagger, poniards and Bowie knives.

However, there has not been a test case to "prove" that interpretation and no one wants to be the first test case and no DA wants to try to prosecute the first case and a set legal precident. And the AG's office has not provided an official opinion.

You don't need any kind of permit to carry pretty much any knife openly in Florida.

Does anyone know which committee needs to vote on this before it goes to the House? I just emailed my State Rep but then I realized there is a committee that needs to vote on it before it goes to the House.

Thanks!

Does anyone know which committee needs to vote on this before it goes to the House? I just emailed my State Rep but then I realized there is a committee that needs to vote on it before it goes to the House.

Thanks!

It has not yet been assigned a committee. Work in progress is all I can say. ;)

Back