Texas House Bill 1935 Tracking Thread

Just passed committee 7 - 0 now heads to calendars committee to (hopefully) be scheduled for a floor vote.

Glad to hear it. Do we wait and see now or are there more folks to contact?

This bill is on the same path that HB 3884 was on last session. 3884 got all the way to the Senate L&C calendar before becoming a victim of dirty politics. Oh, wait, is there any other kind? :D

My hope is that since this bill is similar to 3884, once movement on bills begins, this one will move quickly.

Companion bills generally are only utilized on very high-profile, politically sensitive bills, which this one is not. In fact, the less high-profile it is, the better, IMO. Let's hope it just skitters through the process with no red flags getting attached.

This bill is on the same path that HB 3884 was on last session. 3884 got all the way to the Senate L&C calendar before becoming a victim of dirty politics. Oh, wait, is there any other kind? :D

My hope is that since this bill is similar to 3884, once movement on bills begins, this one will move quickly.

Companion bills generally are only utilized on very high-profile, politically sensitive bills, which this one is not. In fact, the less high-profile it is, the better, IMO. Let's hope it just skitters through the process with no red flags getting attached.

I'll hope with you.

Thank you for the info.

We have had a good development today. HB1935 added 2 Joint Authors and one Co-Author:

Rep Moody (D) Chair of House Crim Jur,
Rep Springer (R) Vice Chair of County Affairs both came on as Joint Authors today.

And Rep Canales (D) came on as a Co-Sponsor

So now we have as Joint Authors: Frullo (R) | Dutton (D) | Kuempel (R) | Moody (D) | Springer (R) as Joint Authors (4 chairmen and 1 vice chairman). This is a strong bi-partisan coalition to have.

Some guy just stabbed a few people on the UT campus. Reports say one person has died. Photo of the suspect show a 'large' sheath on his belt...maybe bowie knife size. Horrible! Campus/stabbing is just a few blocks from the Capitol.

Last edited:
Yea that UT incident isn't going to help this...or, if you're John Whitmire, you see the opportunity to demand a larger bribe than before.

Back