The all new Carbon fiber Bodega with wood inlays and other thangs!

I wanted to post some pieces here and get some feed back on your thoughts on our carbon fiber inlayed Bodegas. We are playing with wood for the first time and it has presented some challenges for us with the kind of tolerances we are working with. We are doing a high finish on the wood pieces and the carbon fiber now but we will probably do some more subdue finishes on some of the other wood. We felt as though the redwood burl really needed this kind of finish to showcase the Chatoyancy that this kind of burl has. This finish really looks 3D when you move the knife around in the light. We will do a video soon for you to see. This is the first time we have done carbon fiber or any composite with inlays. We hope you like it.
4F29A686-4E0C-4A96-9A17-17FCCFFAB65F_zpswlqagnvt.jpg

This carbon fiber Bodega is done with a od green G10 inlay with our new sacred geometry pattern.
628A9766-9C08-42DE-87B3-10917AABEA41_zpsrnmlklaj.jpg

Last edited:
That redwood burl is GORGEOUS!!!! :eek:
Wood offers a wonderfully rich and warm offset to CF, and its nice to see you're working with it.

I also like what you're doing with the G10 and CF combo, it looks really sharp!

That redwood burl is GORGEOUS!!!! :eek:
Wood offers a wonderfully rich and warm offset to CF, and its nice to see you're working with it.

I also like what you're doing with the G10 and CF combo, it looks really sharp!

Thank you brother! we really appreciate it.:thumbup:

Very nice. Love the idea of a begg knife with carbon fiber and wood. Even the g10 in carbon fiber looks like something that would interest me, and I have never owned g10 on a knife before.

Very nice. Love the idea of a begg knife with carbon fiber and wood. Even the g10 in carbon fiber looks like something that would interest me, and I have never owned g10 on a knife before.

Thank you! Yeah when G10 is done right it can look very interesting. We have been doing titanium for so long it kind of refreshing.

That wood one is gorgeous, I like the no hole/fullers that are usually on the bodegas.

That wood one is gorgeous, I like the no hole/fullers that are usually on the bodegas.

Thank you! Yeah we are enjoying the simple blade without all the extras. We are going to be making Bodegas with fullers but no holes and the same on the locks. We are trying to get a cleaner look. We will be doing a mini at some point as well with these kind of materials.

^---- DAYMN!!!! That is soooooooooo sexy!!!!! :eek:
Does Todd take kidneys?!?? :D

Very nice. Something I think would work great would be to inlay carbon fiber with silver twill g10 which essentially looks like silver carbon. Similar materials may make finishing easier whilst retaining a high level of contrast.
Here is that silver twill inlay you were requesting and i totally agree with you on this combo. If you look at this grind here....(which is a new grind for us) and look at the grind above which is our high hollow you can see they are slightly different. The new version has a longer pointy flat section. We would love to hear peoples opinions which of these two grinds do they prefer because they are so close we will end up only going with one of the two. Thank you for your comments.
096E72DC-9E9A-41AE-ADF3-77200E8CFB48_zpsyqdnhgnf.jpg

That "marble carbon fiber" caused me to have an abrupt increase in heart rate. Gorgeous! Just looking at it, and it feels right. Note to self, visit the Todd Begg Design booth at Blade, early!
I'm kind of thinking that I like the "longer pointy flat section" grind. Mike

that ironwood/cf combo is friggin rad.
To my eye, the hollow ground version has a better look- how it gradually widens as it moves forward from the ricasso

Back