The all new KA-BAR Jarosz Turok

I wonder, how did you come to call it the Turok?

I totally get that the Globetrotter was because of the go anywhere, do anything versatility. So what's the story behind the name of this one?

a2df89d66774f0cd8d2f06084b576322.jpg

Real nice looking pair Jesse. Congrats on a killer collaboration.
Thank you! 👍
That sheath compliments the knife very well. Good looking useful set up!
Thanks! You can thank KA-BAR for that one, the sheath was all them. Jason did a great job with how the sheath retains the knife and I really like the ambidextrous belt loop setup.
I wonder, how did you come to call it the Turok?

I totally get that the Globetrotter was because of the go anywhere, do anything versatility. So what's the story behind the name of this one?
Answer below. 👍
Turok was a first person shooter game back in the day...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turok_(video_game)
Though I am aware of the game, that's not where the name comes from. Nor is it the comic. Lol

One of my closest friends' middle name is Turok. He served in the Marine Corps up until a few months ago. About 5 years ago while he was deployed in Afghanistan, I began development of the "Turok". The design has changed immensely since then, and has gone through a lot of different phases. The version prior to the final KA-BAR rendition was used on border patrol by my friend Sam. After some tweaks, and getting approached by KA-BAR, I brought the final prototype of what is now the KA-BAR Turok to SHOT 2014 as one of my first potential designs for the company. 2 years in the works now with KA-BAR, 5 years combined, and we have the final product.

I will try and dig up some old photos of the different versions of the knife that have been around. It would be interesting to see them all together. Might take me a while to find them all.

Turok (the person) will show up in the near future in some of my bushcraft / wilderness videos. Awesome dude, and a lot of fun to hang around with. Should make the videos interesting 👍.

Thanks for the comments!

…

I will try and dig up some old photos of the different versions of the knife that have been around. It would be interesting to see them all together. Might take me a while to find them all.

…

That'd be awesome if you could do that Jesse. I always love seeing the progression of knife designs from initial to final product. Would be great to hear your insight on that aspect.

Nice Blade and thanks for sharing
Looks like your Turok with be a Great Combo for the Globetrotter as a Twin Pack, sold together with a twin carry sheath
Just a thought

Great looking knife! I'm trying to decide between the Turok and the Globetrotter...but may end up getting both! Congratulations on the collab.

I don't like it. The long drop point and false edge turn me off. The removable handles done that way make it look cheap. In my opinion. I'll take that classic any day. In all fairness I am not a fan of removable handles. Ek "big slot" bolts look good though.

I prefer the drop point.
Probably (and hopefully) after market micarta handles will be available for this knife.
This would make it look more expensive ;)

This one's caught my eye on a couple different social media feeds. I'll pick one up in the next week or two and give it a shake. Looks like a practical tool . Good work, sir.

:thumbup: Nice lines on it. I also like the comparison shot with the Globetrotter. Looks like a solid combo!

I prefer the drop point.
Probably (and hopefully) after market micarta handles will be available for this knife.
This would make it look more expensive ;)
I'm hoping for the same! I'd love to throw some Micarta on mine 👍
This one's caught my eye on a couple different social media feeds. I'll pick one up in the next week or two and give it a shake. Looks like a practical tool . Good work, sir.
Thank you, very much! Let us know what you think if you get a chance!
[emoji106] Nice lines on it. I also like the comparison shot with the Globetrotter. Looks like a solid combo!
Thank you! KA-BAR did a great job on both of them.

I hate you. Why did you and Ka-Bar have to make a knife that makes me lust after it and instantly want to buy it? lol

All kidding aside, it really is a great looking piece (along with the Globetrotter) and is on my must buy list. Your custom work is fantastic, but like most outstanding custom knives, they are little beyond the reach of many of us. I'm so glad to see this collaboration with Ka-Bar so that more people (like me :D ) can get their hands on your work.

The sheath - Thanks to you and Ka-Bar for keeping us lefties in mind!

The scales - Love the color, but the attachment method may not be the most aesthetic (really, the only "meh" thing on this knife for me), but hopefully there will be some accessory offerings for custom replacement scales (same material but different colors...black, orange, OD or Foliage green, gray, bright green, etc...and some upscale materials...micarta, G10, etc). hint hint ;) Maybe the upscale materials also come with more of an upscale attachment method.

--Otter

Wow Otter, A member since 2004 and your first post after 12 years.

Jesse seems to create some stir ;)

Hell yeah this looks awesome. I do hope micarta comes out
Thanks! I hope to see it happen too. Like I've said, I'm sure if we get enough requests, we can make something happen 👍

I hate you. Why did you and Ka-Bar have to make a knife that makes me lust after it and instantly want to buy it? lol

All kidding aside, it really is a great looking piece (along with the Globetrotter) and is on my must buy list. Your custom work is fantastic, but like most outstanding custom knives, they are little beyond the reach of many of us. I'm so glad to see this collaboration with Ka-Bar so that more people (like me :D ) can get their hands on your work.

The sheath - Thanks to you and Ka-Bar for keeping us lefties in mind!

The scales - Love the color, but the attachment method may not be the most aesthetic (really, the only "meh" thing on this knife for me), but hopefully there will be some accessory offerings for custom replacement scales (same material but different colors...black, orange, OD or Foliage green, gray, bright green, etc...and some upscale materials...micarta, G10, etc). hint hint ;) Maybe the upscale materials also come with more of an upscale attachment method.

--Otter

Haha. Thank you very much. I'm happy to hear the knife appeals to you!

I'm honored to be working with KA-BAR, and like you said, it's nice to have the designs offered at a more attainable price point. I rarely get one of my own knives and I'm the guy that makes them. Lol.

Seems like lots of folks would love to see more handle options offered. So we're off to a good start. I'm not completely familiar with how aftermarket scales work with original hardware and all that, we'll just have to wait and see on that one!

Thanks again for the comment. I appreciate it!

Lol. Hope I'm doing good so far. Like I said, happy to be here!

Hey, better late than never! I just got my first VCR last week too...:rolleyes:

I tend to do a lot of researching/lurking on my various forums instead of posting...But yes, Jesse's work is worthy of a post from me! :D haha

--Otter

Back