1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The Art Of War

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    The Art of War... highly recommended reading. . Ultralight One Off Kwaiken with Two Tone Bronze Finish

[​IMG]

2. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Art of War is the book under the knife, seriously good reading!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  3. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    The book should be required reading for anyone calling themselves a human being.

The knife looks amazing. Love the sleek lines.

Daniel Fairly Knives likes this.
  4. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    I've never read it. I am currently working on Libre Novus!

D, this is a great design!

5. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Much appreciated!

6. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    That sounds interesting, I have read a bit of his stuff. Art of War is a great easy read, nice to pick up anywhere in the book and just think on it. Thanks on the knife too!

7. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I've not read it but I know it's a classic, of sorts.

What do you find most striking/interesting/thought provoking? (Serious question).

8. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Oh, and that knife!! Wow, Daniel.

9. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Tony it is an overall great read but I probably like the part on battle positioning the best. It is like a Tom Robbins book in that you can read right through it or think about a paragraph for hours.

Here's a good quote...

“If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected .”
    ― Sun Tzu

TRfromMT likes this.
  10. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    No filters on the pic... Titanium Ultralight Kwaiken with Blacklight Purple Finish. Photo taken with my $19 cell phone. Available soon!

[​IMG]

11. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2012
    You have some serious ano skills. Both are killer lookin' knives, Daniel!

Daniel Fairly Knives likes this.
  12. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Much appreciated!!!! I have a new one finished, need to get some pics here!

lol I anodized this last one over 4 times not including the two tone... It did come out nicely though!