The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Are the handles going to be designed like Dan's competition choppers?

Wish me luck on the sale..only got my mobile :poop:

A little bit I guess but not really. Dan has given me feedback on my chopper handles and I've incorporate his suggestions into the designs, but the grip on a competition cutter is pretty drastic and dedicated to a single grip used in competition where the grip on these choppers are a little more "general purpose" to accommodate different hands, different grips and different techniques. They're longer and can be held in a number of different ways, per Lorien.

I had physical models from both Dan and Lorien for the Light Choppers. The three of us worked on that design and it was the starting point for subsequent work.

if you can dangle something like that out there, then you deserve what's coming to you! :D:p

OT since I'm somewhat bored and wanted to add spice. Please do NOT read on if a prude (not meant toward U Lorien)

Physics was always my fave subject and I will never forget the following principle, although I have to redact some because this is still a somewhat Family subforum. Fill out the blanks as you wish:

"The angle of the dangle is proportional to the BLANK of the cutie and the heat of the BLANK!"

No dirty words please as the original words replace by BLANK do rhyme!

Copied over from "THE NEXT SALE" thread:

Yes, we'll be selling Light Choppers next Friday, in person, in Atlanta. It is first-come first-serve. We will probably also have more Light Chopper sales here on BF in the future, though I'm starting to wind down on that pattern.
Wait, there WILL be more Light Chopper sales in the future? If that's the case I will remove my WTB ad.

I thought I had read that you were done with it after the pre order....my mind is playing tricks on me..

The LC sheath is Buy Brown.

There are only 10 D3V LCs not spoken for or going to Atlanta and I will be consuming some (possibly all) in R&D. I may or may not make more in the future, it depends on our workload.

Hey, can't remember if this has been asked or answered, but do you do custom orders Nate?

Hey, can't remember if this has been asked or answered, but do you do custom orders Nate?

Yes, though we're not as well suited to one-off. Pricing is generally 5-10X a similar standard pattern and current lead time is about 24 months.

Yes, though we're not as well suited to one-off. Pricing is generally 5-10X a similar standard pattern and current lead time is about 24 months.
Fair yarn, I was expecting something like that if you did do customs, but 24 months is to long for me. Thank you for your reply :)

The LC sheath is Buy Brown.

There are only 10 D3V LCs not spoken for or going to Atlanta and I will be consuming some (possibly all) in R&D. I may or may not make more in the future, it depends on our workload.

Hey Nathan, are any of the LCs going to Blade Racing LCs?

Hey Nathan, are any of the LCs going to Blade Racing LCs?

No, they're all standard blade configuration, though we are bringing some interesting scales choices. There is maroon linen Micarta, black and green linen Micarta and edge grain antique, all on black liners in addition to the standard micarta and TeroTuf.

Back