The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I don't know about anyone else, but it sure gives me a greater appreciation for what goes on inside the process and especially the extent to which problematic impacts disturb everything.
It's definitely easy to forget about the complexity of it all..

The person who comes up with the best motivational quote of the day to pacify Nathan's pain in this misery will earn the honor of carrying Nathan on his back (horsy style) from the shop to the house, in between repair breaks.

Now go you motivating gurus and verbal studs:

:D

A nice motivational poster for me and my projects:

overconfidence.jpg~original

^ if true, the TommyGun wished that more and more Shiv would just happen :D :p :D
You are Correct Brother-About time for a Pre-order! (or a message from Bob Betzner)
Shiv Me

View attachment 724744
By the Way Nathan , if the NASK is going to the official name of the Survival knife, (Jo really liked it) :thumbsup: I would prefer to not waste your (and Lorien's) time on a custom design and just take a Shiv! I am truly a TEAM Player:thumbsup:o_O:p
View attachment 724751

Last edited:
Incidentally, nostalgia from your image above, where the song line of "please please please" ended with the words "please don't go". Ah, and the cape. Well, enough of that. I continue to marvel at your reflection on selections - in both visual art and knives.

Last edited:
A nice motivational poster for me and my projects:

overconfidence.jpg~original
Usually when I type "LOL" I really had more of a smile and a small chuckle. That picture just got me good. I'm still laughing at it.

Every time I look away and look back, it starts again. For some reason I'm rooting for the Cat to surprise me, but let's face it.. dudes about to get fucked up..

What side of the EDC has the removable loctite ? I want to swap scales and I know it has been stated which side but , I have been searching and cannot find the thread with the answer. Thanks

J jjweb
I don't remember, but if you use two hex wrenches, one on each side, the correct side breaks loose. I've taken apart several this way,, no problem.

It's the off side, opposite the Carothers mark, with removable loctite

Mr. Nathan,
I'm hoping to get some insight on which chopper of yours would best suit my area/needs.

I'm in Riverside CA and we have mostly hard woods like oak, walnut, sycamore and pine but very little vegetation to clear.

What chopper would you choose for yard work, wood processing and camping duty out of your lineup?

I thought I made my mind up when the Behemoth was announced, but that changed when you posted the specs of the Medium Chopper!

Back