The Ask Todd Thread

Enjoying your time off?

Ahhhh, NO!.......actually, I have three knives that have to be done before X-mas. One very high end hunter (the fileworked on you where admiring last time you was down) and two hornets. Well, after tomorrow, I ought to have those knocked out. So, back to making a living mode. Since I'm not being paid for the majority of my time off. I gotta pay the bills. Getting knives caught up is nice but a buddy of mine that owns a trucking company always begs me to come help him out when my work is slow. He's like a brother to me and I can't leave him hanging when he needs the help. So, today was a 12 hr day at his shop. He has a show truck (a 379 Peterbilt) I spent the day ripping out the interior, fabbing/installing alluminium plates for the airlines, laying noise reduction insulation, new fiberglass floor and leather seats. Worked my ass off today. Hopefully I've have that project done Monday, but damn its a lot of work.

A wise man once told me: "The busier you are, the longer you live. And, the longer you live, the more beer you can enjoy."

A wise man once told me: "The busier you are, the longer you live. And, the longer you live, the more beer you can enjoy."

Haha, did that wise man say anything about being poor helping with long life? If so, Im gonna be around a lllllllllllllllllllllong while! :D

Ahhhh, NO!.......actually, I have three knives that have to be done before X-mas. One very high end hunter (the fileworked on you where admiring last time you was down) and two hornets. Well, after tomorrow, I ought to have those knocked out. So, back to making a living mode. Since I'm not being paid for the majority of my time off. I gotta pay the bills. Getting knives caught up is nice but a buddy of mine that owns a trucking company always begs me to come help him out when my work is slow. He's like a brother to me and I can't leave him hanging when he needs the help. So, today was a 12 hr day at his shop. He has a show truck (a 379 Peterbilt) I spent the day ripping out the interior, fabbing/installing alluminium plates for the airlines, laying noise reduction insulation, new fiberglass floor and leather seats. Worked my ass off today. Hopefully I've have that project done Monday, but damn its a lot of work.
I figured you were bustin' it on your time off.... Also, I'm not the biggest fan of interior work. You're a special person.

I figured you were bustin' it on your time off.... Also, I'm not the biggest fan of interior work. You're a special person.

Ah, I just did what he needed help with. You guys think I got a lot on my plate, My buddy juggles two multi million dollar businesses. Cant imagine his stress level, his show truck has been his baby for a long time, the money he has invested in it is crazy, Last winter we stretched the frame almost 5 ft. we've put a ton of work in it. Just glad he trusts me to tear it up! :D

Here ya go, here's a pic of it right after we streched the frame and added the rear fenders. My buddy Glen who owns the truck is half owner of the company that makes the fenders doesn't like to admit it, but he loves its when I need work, we did all of this. None of this work was hired. You guys have no idea how much work we got into the rear end of this truck.
IMG958220_zps216fd7f5.jpg

That's not a small truck by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, its only 5in. from not being street legal. I stripped the whole interior out of it today, First thing was getting it into the very back of his shop out of the way of everything else. I think I made about a 21 point turn around. Hope the clutch is good when he gets it out. Lol.

Yeah, its only 5in. from not being street legal. I stripped the whole interior out of it today, First thing was getting it into the very back of his shop out of the way of everything else. I think I made about a 21 point turn around. Hope the clutch is good when he gets it out. Lol.
Haha. This is all that comes to mind.
[video=youtube_share;IGiQOCX9UbM]http://youtu.be/IGiQOCX9UbM[/video]

So not to be a smart ass but what is the point of stretching it? Just for looks? Does it do something better?

So not to be a smart ass but what is the point of stretching it? Just for looks? Does it do something better?

For long hauls like interstate trips its smoother. Other than that, its pretty much useless and for looks. Its like stretching and raking a motorcycle, looks cool, but doesn't help with steering and handling much.

Back