• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Blade Shop is the worst

I actually received an email reply from them and they said that my inquiry was sent to the billing department and they would look into it. I call BS! What billing dept? It's probably 3 people sitting in a room together counting our money..

i came across their website and found knifes i was looking for that are out of production for a long time now.
they advertise them 35% over the actual MSRP back then....
and mark them 15% off.....
these knifes are not even available no more,
i called Lone Wolf, they said 1 year out of production.

thanks to this thread....i stay FAR AWAY from them....and warned all my buddies !

good luck to all with ongoing disputes !

Hey guys, dug up some contact info that isn't listed on their site.

Domain Name.......... thebladeshop.com
Creation Date........ 2002-01-10
Registration Date.... 2002-01-10
Expiry Date.......... 2011-01-10
Organisation Name.... The Blade Shop
Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
Organisation Address. 94088
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Name........... Admin PrivateRegContact
Admin Address........ PO Box 61359
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Sunnyvale
Admin Address........ 94088
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Email.......... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ TECH PrivateRegContact
Tech Address......... PO Box 61359
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94088
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... US
Tech Email........... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Tech Phone........... +1.5105952002
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... ns3.volusion.com
Name Server.......... ns4.volusion.com

May not do any good but who knows?

I was preparing to place an order with them today and became the wiser upon finding this link.

Thanks for saving me the grief and aggravation

Hey guys, dug up some contact info that isn't listed on their site.

Domain Name.......... thebladeshop.com
Creation Date........ 2002-01-10
Registration Date.... 2002-01-10
Expiry Date.......... 2011-01-10
Organisation Name.... The Blade Shop
Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
Organisation Address. 94088
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Name........... Admin PrivateRegContact
Admin Address........ PO Box 61359
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Sunnyvale
Admin Address........ 94088
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Email.......... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ TECH PrivateRegContact
Tech Address......... PO Box 61359
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94088
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... US
Tech Email........... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Tech Phone........... +1.5105952002
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... ns3.volusion.com
Name Server.......... ns4.volusion.com

May not do any good but who knows?

They are in Tennessee I think. This is where they have the web name registered. Sending any letters to that PO Box will yield a waste of time and a cost of 50 cents down the drain. (Postage & Envelope).

I submitted 2 complaints to the BBB, 1 to the FTC and am now talking to the chamber of commerce in Knoxville. I finally received a reply from the local Knoxville BBB and they said they were unsuccessful in reaching the business - no reply or answer. That blows. The FTC - who knows. I did talk with a gentleman from the Chamber of commerce and he is going to direct it to someone who can inquire about it. Seems like a lot of nothing going on and they remain in business with shoddy practices. 180 BBB complaints and how many haven't bothered? Maybe several hundreds have been taken to the cleaners. My saga is going on 3 months now...

I recently ordered a fairly large # of items from TheBladeShop.com. It took almost a month for the parcel to arrive. Although slower than molasses in January, I did get my cutlery and I got exactly what I ordered.

Not trying to dismiss other peoples' bad experiences. All I can do is offer up my own experience, which was not so bad.

Will I do business with them again? It's quite possible that I will. The prices were excellent, and shipping was trivial: $5 versus the $80 KnifeCenter.com quoted me to ship that very same order! Still, I won't use BladeShop for anything I need quickly.
Never posted but one other time, and praising The Blade Shop after so many others have been screwed. And at the same time slamming one of the best knife shops around. I find that a little curious. Maybe I am wrong.

No, not really cool, slamming a company you didn't even buy from. Not giving us enough information to know why the price was so high. But no big thing, you aren't going to damage KnifeCenter's reputation around here.

I am now working on my 4th entity in trying to get my refund from these crooks. I submitted a complaint to the Tennessee Bureau of business affairs. I keep getting replies from the Bladeshop that "We are looking into it" and frankly it's beyond pissing me off. They ignore the BBB with arrogance and since the BBB is not a legal entity they can do nothing but list complaints. The folks at the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce were very apologetic and provided me with a lot of info on the company, owners, property and such and pointed me in the right direction. They also told me to write my Attorney General.

I wonder how many folks have been ripped off? 182 have at least complained to the BBB, but how many more didn't bother?

for everyone who is reporting problems , why didn't you contact your credit card companies ? most have internet fraud protection .

I tried them once.
Opted for 2nd day shipping and got back 13 days later from my vacation/hike to find that my knife had not arrived.

I was told that it had shipped via 2nd day earlier in the week yet it arrived 3 days after my call.

Do a search for "the blade shop knoxville, tennessee" and you will find more info. Use a map search once you get the Knoxville address for a surprise.
Greg

When you do a search on the internet to compare prices you have got to realize that the sites providing rock bottom prices probably don't even have them in stock. Drop shipping is how they survive at prices 15% aabove wholesale.

When you do a search on the internet to compare prices you have got to realize that the sites providing rock bottom prices probably don't even have them in stock. Drop shipping is how they survive at prices 15% aabove wholesale.

Absolutely wrong, the best prices are often from the best dealers.
A couple of examples: The Cutlery Shoppe, Poor Fish Store, Whitemountain Knives, Knife Works.
You should instead beware of dealers that list a lot of discontinued stuff on their site.

After 2 1/2 months of countless emails, phone calls, complaints to the BBB, FTC, Attorney general, etc.. I finally received a refund from the Bladeshop! If you are in a similar situation don't waste time emailing or talking to just anyone. Make sure you talk to Will or you may never get anything...

Actually I have bought 4 good knives (NIB & immaculate) from the Blade Shop before I read the MAIN 18 page horror thread about them.

I got my Spyderco Military and Police G-10 knives from them and my Benchmade 710 and a Cold Steel machete. I got the stuff right away and no problems.

I looked up their address and checked it on Benchmade's site and they ARE authorized dealers.

I'm not shopping there right now because I'm getting into some small fixed blades next.

It's funny how one person (like me) can have a great experieince and many others have a nightmare! :confused:

Hey Mckgreg, per your advice, I looked them up and found they are located just on the outer edge of the U of TN campus!! I should know, I spent wayyy too much time there trying to get my degree! I go by there at least twice per year on my way home to visit family (living in Louisiana these days). Might have to stop by there sometime to stir up some $hit.

Wow I had no idea these guys were suck. I bought a benchmade Auto Stryker from them and had it in my hands 3 days later with standard shipping. I wont try my luck again with them after reading some of yall commets though.

Back