• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Blade Shop is the worst

I have bought numerous knives from them. Nice people, Great prices, and decent delivery service. :)

I have bought numerous knives from them. Nice people, Great prices, and decent delivery service. :)

You may be one of the lucky ones or only folks that got burned are posting.

I paid for next day shipping so I would have my RAT 3 for vacation, my knife was shipped 2-3 weeks later...I was charged for next day shipping and received the knife a week after my return from vacation.

If they actually have a knife in stock then sure you might get decent service, but they seem to drop ship a lot and from what I can tell do not inform you at the time of order if it is in stock or not. LOOKOUT if you ask for a refund because it will be forever and if not persistent they will gladly forget about you!
A quick search will render hundreds of negative transactions. It took me 10+ emails, 6-7 phone calls and 3 months for a refund. They also have a "F" rating from the BBB. Good service? I think not.

LOOKOUT if you ask for a refund because it will be forever and if not persistent they will gladly forget about you!

if you use a good credit card (like amex) they will be able to handle disputes like this in a timely fashion .

if you use a good credit card (like amex) they will be able to handle disputes like this in a timely fashion .

Definitely the way to go. My problems was so much time elapsed because they kept stringing me along and making promises.

They got my money too... Before I knew any better. My story is the same as everyone else. Ordered, never shipped, called they said it was backordered(says in stock on website), told them to cancel the whole order, waited for refund, waited for refund... Stil waiting. They strung me along so long I was out of the 60 days for disputing claims. Now I don't know what to do... My original order was in oct. It sounds like people who don't cancel eventually get the knives... I'm just glad I didn't spend even more than I did.

A reputable online business does not bill you until the item ships. I look for reasonable prices, but looking for nothing but the lowest price you can find may cost a lot in the long run.

There are some online dealers that have earned a good reputation and I give them my business. I will never buy from the Blade Shop no matter how low the price may be. Not only do I not want to risk being ripped off, it's important to support those merchants who do business the right way.

its is very interesting....

whenever you search for a knife...you are directed to the Bladeshop first -

even on ebay !

My State's Attorney did indeed send an inquiry to the Bladeshop and asked for an explanation and resolve. I received a refund after almost 3 months. I suggest to anyone whom is having such problems to do the same. The owners them selves replied to the Attorney General and were obviously cooperative. I learned a few lessons, search before purchasing, lowest price isn't always the best route and get the big boys involved if several efforts at friendly attempts fail.

It's probably not very fair that I jump in and say my 2 cents worth but I'm going to anyway to help and caution my friends here in the forum. A site should never take your money knowing something is out of stock unless they know when it will be back in-stock and at least let you know and allow you the choice to wait the 2 weeks or not.

It's not right to take your money and then leave you in the dark. the dealer and/or site should be in contact with you throughout the sale and that means till the product is in your hands, communication is the upmost important. I would rather lose a sale because I let you know that the shipping will be longer due to out-of-stock items and allow you to make the choice to wait it out or not.

In business it's not always done like that though, get the customers money and when they get their items then they get their items. I personaly like to sleep good at night and don't care to have that on my mind. it wouldn't sit well with me.

If they actually have a knife in stock then sure you might get decent service, but they seem to drop ship a lot and from what I can tell do not inform you at the time of order if it is in stock or not. LOOKOUT if you ask for a refund because it will be forever and if not persistent they will gladly forget about you!
A quick search will render hundreds of negative transactions. It took me 10+ emails, 6-7 phone calls and 3 months for a refund. They also have a "F" rating from the BBB. Good service? I think not.

Just ordered a knife from these people on Friday before reading all this feedback will let all know how it goes. They did say that the knife was in stock, I hope that all goes well with this transaction

Just ordered a knife from these people on Friday before reading all this feedback will let all know how it goes. They did say that the knife was in stock, I hope that all goes well with this transaction

If the knife is actually in stock then you'll most likely be fine. The problem seems to be that they keep no stock! This means if they can't get it then you won't get it for a long time. Most complaints have been refusal to refund money even after months.

Don't bet on it bigmo. I might be mistaken, but they are one of those "drop ship" companies. I had a horrible experience with them too. I posted it in one of the many threads in this forum dedicated to the same thing.
I was also told the knives I wanted were in stock, 5 months later, no knives, no refund, just email tag. Sickening that these people can get away with all this stuff. Sure your credit card company will probably take care of it, but they should not have to if the store had any ethics and the staff were properly trained.

Check out my new signature, I've heard too many horror stories about these azz clowns, time to help them find a new profession...

Placed order on Friday called today they said in stock order should ship 1 to 2 days will keep on informed. Finger's are crossed, placed order before looking at Hall of Shame, also before looking at Better Business report. Thanks for all the input will keep advised.
Ed

I ordered from Blade Shop on Jan 3,2010. As a new forum member, I mentioned my order in a post and a long time member suggested I read the Hall of Shame. I checked my order status on Jan 5th and saw it was on back order. Called the Blade Shop and was told it might take 1-2 weeks before my order could be filled as Emerson was filling military orders. I asked when my credit card would be charged and was told the day of the order as spelled out on their web site. Waited 2 weeks and called again. Emerson still on back order. Was advised I could cancel it and chose to do so. I asked when my credit card would be credited and was told 7-10 business days. Checked with Bank of America after 10 business days and learned my account had not been credited.Called BoA and learned their policy is to allow the merchant 30 days to credit an account. After 30 days, account still not credited and called BoA to dispute charge. BoA removed the charge from my account and I have no obligation any longer. BoA will go after The Blade Shop's bank for the amount that was billed to me.

Bottom Line: Heed the advice of most members and avoid The Blade Shop unless you know they have the item in stock, will next day ship and provide you with a tracking number. They are not timely with their refunds or crediting your account.They are not true to their word and have lost their credibility with me. No more orders from me.

Last edited:
They got me the same way: billed my card for the full amount on the day I ordered, and when I called to ask where it was, I got a woman who gave me exactly the same speech as outlined elsewhere on this blog, followed by an identical e-mail.

My order was placed and my CC charged 31 days ago. I cancelled the order three weeks ago during the phone call, was told they would refund the CC within 15 days, but still no luck.

After realizing they were going to cheat me if they could, I contacted a highly-rated seller on this site, and got a beautiful out-of-production knife by return mail for $50.00 less than the knife I ordered from Blade Shop.

Ya live and learn-today I call the bank and have them stop the charge....

Back