Attention The CPK - Buy, Sell & Trade thread - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
B byrd687 : what TommyGee said plus in most likelihood the preorders wouldn't be shipping out till sometimes in mid Sept by when the Fridays sales may also be lining up. Since it's FCFS, you may want to approach someone to proxy for you if you are not going to be available and also save yourself the Buck Fifty because lots of good folks will probably do it for you for $0.

The only way I'd accept money from you would be if you PayPal it directly to Sadie's PP account for her feed while Mama Jo is on the hunt for her Bladesports Gold Medal, and Sadie is chasing Nathan around the shop to bite him in the arse for not considering a Behemoth Chopper preorder :D

Thanks for the replies and a few leads via PM. I do understand the process with the future sales on the site vs pre-order builds but more interested in the 'set it and forget it' strategy as I'm not that concerned with timing, nor in proxying, which is in itself a continual gamble uncertain to ever pay off.

If I can lock one in, happy to pay for the privilege as I realize the coveted nature of Nathan's blades (owing one of all except the shiv) and then simply sit back and wait.

I'll abide by whatever preferences exist with anyone which whom I can work out a deal in terms of payment methods, etc.

Thanks All!

Yeah i missed out on the presale on that one too. I wasn't on the forums yet when i went up. hopefully when the time comes i get lucky or maybe i can find someone to Proxy for me. For now im just keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the sale announcement.

Well I have to let this one go, EDC in Delta 3v with vertical carry kydex sheath. I carried this one for 2 weeks on a plumbing job I was doing and used it to deburr PVC only, which it did like a boss. I never sharpened it or touched it up, as it didn't need it. Blade has a small scratch that you can't see unless at a certain angle, I managed to grab a picture of it, and kydex got a scratch as well and it is also pictured. First pic shows orange spot by tip but notice it is not in the other pictures and is not there in real life either. I ship USPS Priority and insure all knives for the sale price. CONUS only, and I only accept Paypal G&S. I pay shipping and insurance and always package my knives the way I would want to receive them. First to reply by PM gets the knife. Please no lowball offers, if you don't want to pay the price listed, then move on. $old! Thanks Bladeforums!

Last edited:
Looking for an EDC in D2 :) . Straight sale. I passed on the D2 variant in the past :( , but can see it replacing the LT Wright Skeleton Key as my primary carry :thumbsup: ...

Update 7/11:
And we are good to go :):thumbsup:

Last edited:
^ not mine either but I also saw this unit on that site. Black buffed micarta scales selling auction style (no Buy Now).

Trust me on this! There will come a time in the "not so distant future" where $499 will be considered a bargain for a Carothers Light Chopper! Just saying!o_O:eek::cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
WTB
Still searching for my first field knife or light Chopper
Thanks for the help

Trust me on this! There will come a time in the "not so distant future" where $499 will be considered a bargain for a Carothers Field Knife! Just saying!o_O:eek::cool::thumbsup:

Now you trust me on this TeeGee:

There has already come a time that 499 was actually a bargain for some now "retired" Carothers patterns. I just won't tell you which and no, it's not Bob's Dagger :p

Now you trust me on this TeeGee:

There has already come a time that 499 was actually a bargain for some now "retired" Carothers patterns. I just won't tell you which and no, it's not Bob's Dagger :p
Yup, Nathan has already hinted he may be about done making these (LC), once a model is no longer offered and is much sought after, the prices will go bonkers! Seen it with the Busse TGLB! They were offered for years at $387, once they were no longer offered people were willing to pay $600-700 dollars for one! Nathan's work is becoming more and more popular and sought after. Since he does not produce any 1 particular model for long periods of time and in general with very limited offerings, that means demand far exceeds available knifes!

Yep. If anyone doubts that Nate's knives will become expensive collector's items, just look at what some of Busse's knives are going for. :eek:

Hmmmmm. I wonder what my A2 FK is worth? I may put it on fleabay for $1000 just for giggles. :D

EDIT: Oops! TommyGun already mentioned that.

Last edited:
I have an opinion on this that will probably be unpopular.. What I follow with is my opinion.. (disclaimer)

The greatest strength of Carothers is Nathan and Jo. They set the bar for how this community behaves by example, not authority. The second greatest strength is our shared respect for them, and because of that, I feel it is our responsibility as contributing members of the community to maintain it. We have to individually make decisions that support the ideals and values that they have established, or this group will lose the identity that we all seem to enjoy so much.

Charging so much more because someone will pay it makes sense on a business level. But I think most of us get more value out of the comraderie and passion we share than we could get out of selling a knife at a heavy premium.

As the Carothers name grows and brings in new enthusiasts, we will need to collectively decide how the community develops based not on our words, but our actions.

I personally would much rather sell a knife to someone who I know enjoys and supports how Nathan and Jo do business. The dedication and integrity they show to us needs to be returneded to them, and each other.

Not everyone will be so invested, and that is expected. But what we have here is special. Lets do our best to keep this group together. Gutting people on secondary markets is selfish and impersonal. It flies in the face of what Nathan and Jo have worked so hard to achieve.

I will not disrespect them or dishonor myself by trying to turn a profit on their hard work. I would encourage you all to respect them and each other in the same way.

Rant over..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back