• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The famous Chris Williams is back at it with folders now

I have now been blocked from his Instagram. I simply asked how long it took him to develop such a unique and badass design. Looks like my comment was also deleted when I was blocked.

What do you mean? It took him atleast 15 years to develop the logo, another 1 year each for every screw hole missing for reversing the clip and the last two deciding which colours to orde.....I mean...produce. This guy is a screw hole himself.

They've updated their website to delete some information. Prior cached page is first, followed by the current page: http://imgur.com/a/J8RCQ

It appears they're being pretty careful not to state any direct lies. But it's obviously designed to be incredibly midsleading.

Saw this on Reddit and had a good laugh

vw5o3kq63yqy.jpg

They've updated their website to delete some information. Prior cached page is first, followed by the current page: http://imgur.com/a/J8RCQ

It appears they're being pretty careful not to state any direct lies. But it's obviously designed to be incredibly midsleading.

i was gonna say some stuff...but im gonna cut it down to.....wow. there is no line this fellow wont cross.

Where is Chris Williams located? I swear I have met him before if its the same Chris Williams I met at a USN get together for the NC chapter 4 years ago

just curious if its the same one..... I don't not approve of whats being done

EDIT: this is not the same person I met..... thankfully. different guy

Where is Chris Williams located? I swear I have met him before if its the same Chris Williams I met at a USN get together for the NC chapter 4 years ago

just curious if its the same one..... I don't not approve of whats being done

Johns Island, South Carolina.

Johns Island, South Carolina.

thankfully this is not the same person I met.... the one I thinking of lives in NC.

damn he is 2 hours and change away from me here in myrtle beach. Those are definitely rip offs

If it hasn't been stated yet, it should be clarified that this is NOT Chris Williams of Wilmont Grinders, who actually knows how to make knives and tools and is respected in the knife making community.

There's no question that these are overseas produced "Ganzo clones", which we all know are knockoffs (or darn close) of well known benchmade and sog patterns.

Interesting that he doesn't include any pics of the clip side, country of origin markings, or blade steel markings.

If it hasn't been stated yet, it should be clarified that this is NOT Chris Williams of Wilmont Grinders, who actually knows how to make knives and tools and is respected in the knife making community.

There's no question that these are overseas produced "Ganzo clones", which we all know are knockoffs (or darn close) of well known benchmade and sog patterns.

Interesting that he doesn't include any pics of the clip side, country of origin markings, or blade steel markings.

my first thought was "there is no way....." thankfully it isn't him. I had the pleasure of meeting chris(from wilmont) years ago and he and his wife are both amazing people!

This is actually how I got started with custom knives. I was researching the Williams Knife Co. and saw the long thread, read every single post over the course of a couple days. Saved me a heap of trouble. Also saw the comments about Wilmont and started researching those knives which are made here in North Carolina. Now I am a very happy customer of Wilmont and have a small and growing collection. Much thanks to bladeforums.

I just asked on his Instagram if the Axis lock is licensed by Benchmade and received a response that it was at one time but not anymore.

What a God awful shitty mess... how do people get themselves into something like this, TWICE?!?

I just asked on his Instagram if the Axis lock is licensed by Benchmade and received a response that it was at one time but not anymore.

I've seen something to the effect that the patent expired in July 2016. Whether or not that's true, I have no idea, but no matter what the case, Williams still cannot market it as having an "axis lock". He can use the exact same thing and call it anything else, though, if my understanding is correct. Patents expire. Trademarks, with the correct registrations and fees, can last forever.

In before the "Williams Lock System". :D

There was a comment made right below mine by another instragramer, it read "Those are Ganzos", comment was deleted. Unsure who deleted it though.

This guy is super active and is deleting every comment that's negative. I just feel bad for anybody who's bought one of these rebranded knives without knowing they got absolutely burned on the price. I think I even saw a couple comments on his IG from people who were saying they were good knives or whatnot. $150+ for a knocked off knock off is highway robbery.

Back