The Far North Bush Knife is born - Pics of a real work knife in the bush

I don't get to a computer very often. I don't own one anymore. I live and work in the Canadian north and carry and use marks knife everyday. I even broke down a cow moose with it this fall it was all I had on me at the time along with a saw and a hatchet. I spend a lot of hours and nights on the backcountry with minimal gear. I have clean fish and all sizes and types of game and skinned everything imaginable with it. Squirrel fisher Martin otter muskrat beaver wolf fox lynx rabbit and so on. All sorts of fish bear coyote and even a moose now. I don't have many pictures but occasionally I will snap a few for fun here are a few. They span the entire time I have owned and used it. Eight months or so. Hope they do her justice.
Thanks mark keep it up I almost pulled the trigger on a couple on here but Christmas spending forced me to hold back. Haha. Soon though. Enjoy.
IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in my doctors office when I saw this thread. Dr took my phone and was showing the nurses the knife and the moose! These are awesome pics. Thanks!

Don't thank me. It's your knife making these pictures unique. If you're interested in that moose hunt I posted more pics and a short explanation in the hunting and fishing forum. That little knife has been a workhouse in my pocket! It's got a million stories and a hundred fires behind her already.
Ps in one of the pics it looks rusted but that is just cedar dust and particles from scrapping to def to firelight.

I am going to stickie this thread for a bit. :) this thread has made my day. For all those who are wondering this knife was made of 1095. 1095 done right. Lol

I'd sure like to see more pics! And I want to see just how the sheath attaches to the beer can!! Can it attach to other bottles as well...?

Great pics buddy, I love seeing a knife that is being used and not just kept in a bedside drawer !

Nice photos. It's good to see a knife getting used.

I was wondering what's the oal and blade length?

It had about a 3.5 handle and 2.75 blade. I think. That was 8 months ago. I built the set up so he could carry it in a pocket.

I am getting a few requests for this knife. Guess we will have to schedule a run of them. I will consider doing a non- grooved version. I will have to order more steel as this was made of 3/32.

A blade that size, with that grind from 3/32 wold cut like a laser. Handy little cutter indeed.

hey guys
sorry i don't get on here often enough!
i have finished a full review on this knife and will be posting the full review with lots of new pictures sunday. likely in the WSS section but i will advize this group on the post aswell ofcourse.
please stay posted, i apologize for the delay.
be advized, you could not regret getting a knife from mark, this model or any other.... i'm starting to push him towards atleast one more i am wanting............. can you say custom fillet knife? 6 inch blade? stainless steel and kydex?

Have we gotten any further on this little project? I like this beauty. How long is handle? (I like a full size handle).

Here's mine. just thought I would throw it up. The Northern Knife (aka the Far North Bush Knife (FNBK))

2011-05-31115810.jpg

Family shot...Compact Bushcrafter, Pukko, FNBK
2011-06-21113457.jpg

Back