The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

We've all done it.

Some of us even have official Bladeforums infractions against us because we did it outside this subforum (and that's why some of us are so eager to keep the forum's nose clean).

I'm talking about MUNG.

Yes, that's a great snag, but technically saying so in the Flea Market thread is mung.

Yes, sometimes a listing sparks a connected-but-not-sale-related question; but asking it in the Flea Market is mung.

Yes, some of our most creative and (obviously unfiltered) expressions are prompted by the pure Fiddleback beauty we see, as these steel angels are offered up for adoption. But maybe, just maybe, making sure before posting that we aren't suffering from diarrhea of the mouth could keep us from becoming a mungy, mungy munger.​

So after much confession, prayer, and reflection, I've decided to make an exclusive offer my professional services to this wonderful subforum. That's right, for a limited time (I mean, we're all on earth for a limited time, right?), I'm offering, as a bonafide (but not Bonafide) minister, to absolve you of your munging sins.

We are all sinners in this Bladeforums world, but now, thanks to the Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread™, we can be reconciled to one another again.

Allow me to lead by example:

Forgive me, for I have sinned. I suggested a review-type thread to another Fiddlebacker within the Flea Market Thread. (Whew! It feels good to get that off my chest! ;) )

Sisters and brothers, the confessional is open.
(And post some pics to keep this knife-related)

FNKiv7S.jpg

Michael

Edited to add:
This is straight from the BF Exchange rules, for anyone who is less clear about "mung":

5. Do not post in a person's thread unless you have an implicit interest in buying the item. Posts like, "Nice knife!", "Why is the price so high/low?", "I wish I had funds" are not allowed. This means absolutely no commentary or feedback in someone's sales thread. Seriously, if you stomp on someone's ad, your account can and will be locked. The only exception to this is in the Knife Makers Market areas (if the maker/craftsman requests and welcomes feedback)

Last edited:
Well done 👏

Forgive me I asked a stupid question and got a stupid answer.

Anyone selling mung indulgences yet?

I don't have a confession. But I will mung up this thread. :D

An Italian Boy's Confession

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose girl."

The priest asks, "Is that you, little Joey Pagano?"

"'Yes, Father, it is."

"And who was the girl you were with?"

"I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."

"Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"

"I cannot say."

"Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?"

"I'll never tell."

"Was it Nina Capelli?"

"I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."

"Was it Cathy Piriano?"

"My lips are sealed."

"Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?"

"Please, Father, I cannot tell you."

The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."

Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"

"Four months vacation and five good leads!"

In retrospect, I apologize if I have offended anyone. After a few beers I was entertaining myself by transferring mung from on thread to another. I have sinned. :( Didn't mean to mung up the thread. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We were all "mung" once. Then we grow up and read the forum rules and actually follow them most of the time. Being mung once is forgivable. Making a habit of it will test Pastor Michael's patience. If he offers you exorcism instead of absolution, that is a clue that you mung too much.

Phil

You should have named this thread, the Cassander off topic Thread. :cool:

Back