The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

Time for my semi-regular soap box rant.

I'm not trying to single anyone out, just making a general comment and sharing my personal opinion.

While there's no rule for sellers prohibiting them from asking people to use Paypal Gift ( I REALLY wish there were), buyers should be aware of rule #8 in the Buyer's Section:

8. Warning: You as a buyer are responsible for using Paypal as it was intended, according to their Terms of Service. Using the "Gift" option revokes any buyer protection you may have if something goes wrong and makes it easier to get scammed. Be smart and protect yourself, if you use gift and get scammed don't come crying to us about it as you've already been advised.

Rather than asking the buyer to figure out a price (gift or +4% type of thing), just include everything in the asking price. Did you know that asking a buyer to explicitly cover the paypal fee is against the terms of service? I feel that abusing a service (PayPal) to make an extra buck goes against the integrity normally seen in Fiddleback land.

Please see How To Put an End to the F&F and +% in the exchange. for some others' input on the subject.

When buying knives, I'll typically pass on ones that ask for gift. Unless I really want it, then I'll figure out the fee and buy it as goods anyway. I'm not going to give up my rights, even though I trust you guys.

CAN WE PLEASE CUT OUT THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY (GIFT) AND +% CRAP?

I'll step off the soap box now.

I cried when I saw that I had missed that hiking buddy.

It would be nice to see more with bone or stag.

Abe,

I was thinking the Nessmuk was going to be the "one" in your flea market post, then I saw the Bearcub. WOW

Rick's Nessmuk is the first of this pattern FYI. It was also made the first week Ken/Bamboo was employed by Andy. See here: http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fiddleback-friday-10-4-13.1114502/

Placement of maker's mark qualifies this one as "old school."

Fiddleback said:
The Nessmuk is back! The recent thread about HI and ole Sarge got my juices flowing for a more traditional Nessmuk. So I broke out the old beat up pattern to get the dimensions, and came up with this knife. You could likely have guessed its measurements, which come in at 4” long blade, and a 4.5” long handle. I have one Cocobolo one that is 5/32” thick, the other two are nice thin 1/8” thick knives.

Good deal.

Hey Guys,
Been a while since I have posted but that is what baby's will do to you hahaha. Still watching the forum some but trying to keep the BladeFeaver down. I am trying to post up some for sale but am having trouble with uploading the pictures like I did. Is anyone still using Photobucket or have you guys moved on to another site?
Thanks for the help guys.

Red

Hey Guys,
Been a while since I have posted but that is what baby's will do to you hahaha. Still watching the forum some but trying to keep the BladeFeaver down. I am trying to post up some for sale but am having trouble with uploading the pictures like I did. Is anyone still using Photobucket or have you guys moved on to another site?
Thanks for the help guys.

Red

Photobucket has gone to $h!t unless you have a $400 a year account. Either resizing the photos so you can use the forum upload or using another host like Flickr is the best bet.

I actually thought you being on vacation played a part in landing that one.... :) had to pull the trigger just to see if it looks that cool in person. hope the vaca is treating you well.

I actually thought you being on vacation played a part in landing that one.... :) had to pull the trigger just to see if it looks that cool in person. hope the vaca is treating you well.
we were supposed to be at the dog track tonight but kylie is not feeling to well.

Back